Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-08-2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Oh really? Tell that to the poor Marines that landed at Iowa Jima and Normandy.

Okay... that's LOW.... My Grandfather was at Normandy (British Army and landed with the Canadians).... and I respect what they all HAD to do so that we could all live free....

But using it as an excuse to attack another persons, very accurate, comment is disrespectful in the extreme...

War doesn't have fixed spawn points.... I believe paratroopers can land anyhere they can get a plane to, also an island doesn't have more than one beach? As for Normandy they COULD have attacked via Portugal and Spain (I believe this is how they did it when a certain French general got ideas above his station (Napoleon)).

There are always other ways of doing things... except in a game with fixed spawn points that are always camped.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-08-2010, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchton View Post
Okay... that's LOW.... My Grandfather was at Normandy (British Army and landed with the Canadians).... and I respect what they all HAD to do so that we could all live free....

But using it as an excuse to attack another persons, very accurate, comment is disrespectful in the extreme...

War doesn't have fixed spawn points.... I believe paratroopers can land anyhere they can get a plane to, also an island doesn't have more than one beach? As for Normandy they COULD have attacked via Portugal and Spain (I believe this is how they did it when a certain French general got ideas above his station (Napoleon)).

There are always other ways of doing things... except in a game with fixed spawn points that are always camped.


I too had family die at some of the locations he listed. His statement just made me shake my head at how low some people will go to defend something that really has no defense. I'd go much further but as riled up as I am about this subject I'd just go and get myself another infraction by the forum nazi's so I'll just stop here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-08-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchton View Post
Okay... that's LOW.... My Grandfather was at Normandy (British Army and landed with the Canadians).... and I respect what they all HAD to do so that we could all live free....

But using it as an excuse to attack another persons, very accurate, comment is disrespectful in the extreme...

War doesn't have fixed spawn points.... I believe paratroopers can land anyhere they can get a plane to, also an island doesn't have more than one beach? As for Normandy they COULD have attacked via Portugal and Spain (I believe this is how they did it when a certain French general got ideas above his station (Napoleon)).

There are always other ways of doing things... except in a game with fixed spawn points that are always camped.
initial spawn is only fixed, after that you can fly high to middle to meet up with friends.

even if you loose 5 points, a premade will win any random Klingon pug even with -5 points.

and imo if you stretch your que joining close to the minute its almost 100% certainity that Klingons will own your team and you when you get into the map LATE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaktak


I too had family die at some of the locations he listed. His statement just made me shake my head at how low some people will go to defend something that really has no defense. I'd go much further but as riled up as I am about this subject I'd just go and get myself another infraction by the forum nazi's so I'll just stop here.
Where does one see his infractions ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmerJr View Post
Ah... and what are we, five year olds? There is a neat feature in the ignore button in that it will also ignore joining gaming instances with that player as well as ignore chat messages. Little something I learned in BETA.
Giving people a taste of their own medicine hardly makes us 5 years old. If it wasn't something that had been happening to feds in most matches since during the beta then perhaps it wouldn't be happening, but it has and it is.

The first time we did it to the KDF yesterday the satisfying part was seeing them whine in /zone chat, knowing full well that they had been doing the same thing to us in the previous matches that day until our proper group got together.

You reap what you sow.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-08-2010, 06:59 AM
With muppets like that the cycle goes on and will never end!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobySlick
Don't talk, EVER, about Fed tactics until Klingons stop using the "get 1-0 score and remain cloaked FTW" tactic. Lame ass cowards. "Real" Klingons would kill you on the spot for having such yellow guts.
lol man, seriously? I had a 5 on 1 - me being the 1, and when I started WINNING feds told me to uncloak and just let them kill me.. their argument was it would be quicker, my counter argument was that I was already 3 - 0 up due to their incompetance, if they stopped firing back it would go easier for them. I then had to listen to how Klingons were OP etc coz they were 4 escorts and a sci and i was picking them off due to the fact they were all spread out on Solar Wind, they called me a coward for cloaking and not facing them 5 on 1... I laughed as I killed them 1 by 1 :p eventually 4 other klingons came in and started playing.

These queues are the real problem, I was lucky that i was playing a group of PvE'ers at t3, if even one of them was a PvP'er id have been on the recieving end.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnek View Post
lol man, seriously? I had a 5 on 1 - me being the 1, and when I started WINNING feds told me to uncloak and just let them kill me.. their argument was it would be quicker, my counter argument was that I was already 3 - 0 up due to their incompetance, if they stopped firing back it would go easier for them. I then had to listen to how Klingons were OP etc coz they were 4 escorts and a sci and i was picking them off due to the fact they were all spread out on Solar Wind, they called me a coward for cloaking and not facing them 5 on 1... I laughed as I killed them 1 by 1 :p eventually 4 other klingons came in and started playing.

These queues are the real problem, I was lucky that i was playing a group of PvE'ers at t3, if even one of them was a PvP'er id have been on the recieving end.
ye i did that with 1 vs 5 situtations also.

and 2 vs 5 with my premade friend.

decloak, double wham on one fed burning all CDs, doing survival talents. when all used run away and cloak and wait CDs on again.

the most interesting part was that none of the feds packed with VM or TB
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 AM.