Career Officer
Am I seeing this right? The simple act of moving a tribble from your inventory to your character puts the tribble in a 15 sec lock out? Really?!? now tribbles are time gated? Frozen boots locked out for 15 secs as well. I understand (but disagree) with the STF marks nerf but were players collecting their 1 mark every hour too fast?

What next, when beaming to your starship it has to "warm up" before it will move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
. . . QA runs through it a bunch, and if there is a major problem, only the files necessary to fix that issue are allowed in.
Career Officer
# 2
04-23-2014, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect13 View Post
Am I seeing this right? The simple act of moving a tribble from your inventory to your character puts the tribble in a 15 sec lock out? Really?!? now tribbles are time gated? Frozen boots locked out for 15 secs as well. I understand (but disagree) with the STF marks nerf but were players collecting their 1 mark every hour too fast?

What next, when beaming to your starship it has to "warm up" before it will move.
I think this to stop people carrying 2 of item X in their inventory, using one and then slotting the other to avoid the cool down on the first.
Exploding in a massive ball of fire and wreckage since 2012.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
04-23-2014, 05:34 AM
lol....wut?? I have to try this, this sounds insane.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 4
04-23-2014, 05:37 AM
I mean like, two subspace jumps, use one, switch for the other, boom. Cool down avoided.

Bit more complicated (need to be out of red alert), but there you go.
Exploding in a massive ball of fire and wreckage since 2012.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-23-2014, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shandypandy View Post
I mean like, two subspace jumps, use one, switch for the other, boom. Cool down avoided.

Bit more complicated (need to be out of red alert), but there you go.
No, sorry, I didn't refer to your post.

I was referring to the OP's post about having Tribbles on 15 sec cooldown.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 6
04-23-2014, 05:56 AM
Ah yeah. They did this to all devices. Any time you equip a device, it puts it on auto CD. Apparently it was to avoid exploits or something.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
# 7
04-23-2014, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Ah yeah. They did this to all devices. Any time you equip a device, it puts it on auto CD. Apparently it was to avoid exploits or something.

Makes sense now to quell the great tribble exploit of 2014!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
. . . QA runs through it a bunch, and if there is a major problem, only the files necessary to fix that issue are allowed in.
Commander
# 8
04-23-2014, 06:43 AM
Its utterly ridiculous for ground devices, take frosty boots, by the time it is off cooldown i have reached my destination! Can this please be removed from ground devices!
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
04-23-2014, 07:05 AM
you guys are wrong,....

The tribble swap was a well known exploit and thus has been prevented to lower the power creep as well as the rep traits.. both were the mayor factors in the power creep in this game, that why these are handled first
"Mei Borg is net deppat".....

Commander
# 10
04-23-2014, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophus84at View Post
you guys are wrong,....

The tribble swap was a well known exploit and thus has been prevented to lower the power creep as well as the rep traits.. both were the mayor factors in the power creep in this game, that why these are handled first
How on earth is a tribble considered an exploit or power creep, in fact how is any device for ground an exploit...