Survivor of Romulus
# 11
04-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Well, it seems the Nerfmaster.....sorry....Grindmaster in charge ran out of things to nerf, so they started nerfing stupid things.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Commander
# 12
04-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrident12 View Post
How on earth is a tribble considered an exploit or power creep, in fact how is any device for ground an exploit...
I believe some of the unique tribbles had outstanding bonuses; doubling them up with the exploit would make people pretty powerful, amiright?
Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
04-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galadiman View Post
I believe some of the unique tribbles had outstanding bonuses; doubling them up with the exploit would make people pretty powerful, amiright?
Using another Tribble cancels the effects of the previous one.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 14
04-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrident12 View Post
How on earth is a tribble considered an exploit or power creep, in fact how is any device for ground an exploit...
It's sarcasm.

The rule wasn't changed in order to nerf tribbles (they're still hour long buffs anyway), but to reduce the viability of hot-swapping other devices in combat, or using stealth to break combat and then relatively quickly switch kit modules.
Career Officer
# 15
04-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
It's sarcasm.

The rule wasn't changed in order to nerf tribbles (they're still hour long buffs anyway), but to reduce the viability of hot-swapping other devices in combat, or using stealth to break combat and then relatively quickly switch kit modules.
Yes . . . But some actual testing would have been . . . nice/ responsible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
. . . QA runs through it a bunch, and if there is a major problem, only the files necessary to fix that issue are allowed in.
Career Officer
# 16
04-23-2014, 08:16 AM
I'm glad frosted boots got a nerf. I've always felt that they should be a novelty item, not a tactical advantage.

Where I feel the pinch from this change is with batteries in space combat. I occasionally like to swap out batteries in combat, or if I run out, I'll put more in from my inventory, and the 15 second cooldown amounts to a minor annoyance. Not the end of the galaxy, but a minor annoyance.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Lieutenant
# 17
04-23-2014, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophus84at View Post
you guys are wrong,....

The tribble swap was a well known exploit and thus has been prevented to lower the power creep as well as the rep traits.. both were the mayor factors in the power creep in this game, that why these are handled first
totally agree, irresponsible tribble breeding is the major, if not singular cause of both power creep, klingon/fed peace (not sure why) and possibly maybe related to Undine expansion. How many tribble are undine spies in disguise?

in short, tribble were OP.
Career Officer
# 18
04-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galadiman View Post
Yea, except the first action that a tribble does, is wipe any existing tribble buffs, and then applies its own.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 19
04-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
I'm glad frosted boots got a nerf. I've always felt that they should be a novelty item, not a tactical advantage.

Where I feel the pinch from this change is with batteries in space combat. I occasionally like to swap out batteries in combat, or if I run out, I'll put more in from my inventory, and the 15 second cooldown amounts to a minor annoyance. Not the end of the galaxy, but a minor annoyance.
Don't frosted boots go off line the instant you are hit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
. . . QA runs through it a bunch, and if there is a major problem, only the files necessary to fix that issue are allowed in.
Career Officer
# 20
04-23-2014, 08:21 AM
These cooldowns are very annoying...