Lt. Commander
I first off want to thank cryptic for a very fun game! I have quit MMO"s since EoF launch for eq2 happened. Got sick of all the same old stuff.

I find it disturbing that people are being so critical of the game right now. They havent even given Cryptic time to get the game off the ground, let alone address bug issues, add content, balance the game, etc.

I see a lot of posts (mostly trolls, I know) about people upset that it is not perfectly Star Trek, the ships graphics arent perfect, the game is too easy (give me some tips, I just hit Commander 1 and I find the game is just right for me, hard, but not too hard), the content isnt there, etc.

It takes time to get the servers stable, then get them to handle the amount of people that want to play, and people do not seem to understand how this works. Being a person who works in the IT field, I have some basic understanding of how these things work, and it is never as simple as add more servers, or whatnot.

My only reason for posting this is to say thank you to cryptic and to keep up the good work! after almost 2 years of not playing MMO"s, I am back!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Shut up! Fanboi!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Captain! Mega-Maid has gone from "suck" to "blow"!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobySlick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltor
Shut up! Fanboi!
Wow you guys the anti fanboi's ??.

Anyway OP i say you are right.

I love the game its really fun for me, and i love that i can jump on and run a fleet action in a very efficient rate when i dont have long to play.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltor
Shut up! Fanboi!
And you got the right to tell him to shut up because?

He is just as entitled to his opinion as you are to yours. So unless you got something constructive to say, maybe you should take your own suggestion there

I am glad you enjoy the game OP, and that you keep doing that for a long time. I am enjoying myself as well, although i get a little caught up on the forums, and then realise i sat down 1 hour ago, and still have not logged in...........

Anywho
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobySlick
Spaceballs quote is Win.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 05:38 AM
here, here.

I'm enjoying the beginning of this game, as well. Performance has been great, for me, and each action, scene has been seriously intense.

though, to be fair, I'm flying a science vessel into most sectors with the delusions of being a fighter pilot... a great way to tackle this, when you're solo! and somewhat psychotic to start with! :-)

Now if I can only figure out the emotes that will allow me to pick up that cute redhead in the lounge back at Sol Starbase....

<grins>

I always wonder: How much of the anti-cryptic stuff we saw on boards prior to launch was actual beta players and how much of that was voluntary or paid flames by hired guns? After reading that, I came in fully expecting to see the Star Trek universe collapsing in ruin, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that most if not all of those accounts were woefully inaccurate.

So far, so good, Cryptic... I'm having a blast!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenGer View Post
I first off want to thank cryptic for a very fun game! I have quit MMO"s since EoF launch for eq2 happened. Got sick of all the same old stuff.

I find it disturbing that people are being so critical of the game right now. They havent even given Cryptic time to get the game off the ground, let alone address bug issues, add content, balance the game, etc.

I see a lot of posts (mostly trolls, I know) about people upset that it is not perfectly Star Trek, the ships graphics arent perfect, the game is too easy (give me some tips, I just hit Commander 1 and I find the game is just right for me, hard, but not too hard), the content isnt there, etc.

It takes time to get the servers stable, then get them to handle the amount of people that want to play, and people do not seem to understand how this works. Being a person who works in the IT field, I have some basic understanding of how these things work, and it is never as simple as add more servers, or whatnot.

My only reason for posting this is to say thank you to cryptic and to keep up the good work! after almost 2 years of not playing MMO"s, I am back!

Agrred, impressive game and impressive launch experience (for me at least) nice one Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 06:07 AM
That's because the Live came out with a nice portion of the Beta fixed. Those accounts were mostly accurate. They just don't exist or have migrated to some other form of mayhem at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 06:09 AM
I'am enjoying it as well, some of the classic trek episodes are great when your mid LC.