# 11
02-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Loving the game - wish I wasnt working all of this week
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksty
And you got the right to tell him to shut up because?

He is just as entitled to his opinion as you are to yours. So unless you got something constructive to say, maybe you should take your own suggestion there

I am glad you enjoy the game OP, and that you keep doing that for a long time. I am enjoying myself as well, although i get a little caught up on the forums, and then realise i sat down 1 hour ago, and still have not logged in...........

Anywho
I actually know him IRL and wanted to see what reaction I would get.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Thank you for the fun ship combat Cryptic. EFF U for charging us more than $9.99 for it and it's practically criminal for you to charge us a monthly fee for it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Yes, yes, attaboy, well done, kumbaya all around.

Back to work, you lazy sots.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Truth be told i've already logged 60-70 hours in the Beta and Final combined before even getting to my first billed month. That's more time spent than with most games I pick up. Even if I lose interest and move on to something else I certainly got my money's worth.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanking Cryptic for this game is like thanking the terrorists for 9/11! Once again, Cryptic gives us a sub-standard game and will continue to ask us to pay a monthly fee so they can finish developing it.

CoH/CoV was still largely unfinished when it launched and took a good year to begin to show signs of polish.

CO was so borked at launch I am surprised the server for that game is still up and they have people playing.

STO... hmmm... not finished at launch....

Anyone else noticing a trend here from Cryptic????

I refuse to thank a company that produced an average at best MMO and then tries to hit us up right out the gate with micro-transactions. If Cryptic wants my thanks, they will have to show me something in the next 45 days as to their commitment to the game and to the player base.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2010, 02:44 PM
You aren't held at gunpoint to buy anything beyond the monthly billing. I haven't bought any of the extra crap. Oh woop, playable ferengi snore...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrangryface View Post
You aren't held at gunpoint to buy anything beyond the monthly billing. I haven't bought any of the extra crap. Oh woop, playable ferengi snore...
U are 100% right but it is a symptom of Cryptic's less than stellar reputation.

"Quick, let's get all the money we can before they realize we rushed this game out unfinished"

"Let's offer lifetime subscriptions to people but only up to the day before the game goes live, that way we can sucker people out of $240 bucks! If we offer it afterwards, no one will buy it because they will see what kinda bad shape the game is in."

I feel for the people who think Cryptic did a great job because they are blindly following the Lemmings over the ledge.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
It's not just Cryptic- Microtransactions are the future we've allowed to happen. More people bought into it than spoke out about it- now every game that exists on a stable online platform has them.

The lifetime subscription thing IS kind of silly- not sure who to blame there.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyniaer View Post
Spaceballs quote is Win.
My favorite moment in Spaceballs was when Tim Russ as a Trooper replied to Dark Helmet. "We ain't found ****!"