I like the space combat.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Space combat......

did I mention space combat?

Sadly that's only 1 element 1/10th of a mmorpg should be. The rest of the game is an incredible rip off.
I disagree. I'm playing **** right now and I think **** is kinda boring and QUITE grindy. I'm really excited to see the next mission/episode/mini novel in STO and I'm looking forward to the crystalline entity. I haven't logged onto **** in days now. I agree the game is NOT FINISHED, but given that stuff can be added this can be and so far has been a WILD RIDE!!! :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exyle View Post
I'm only level 11 and I haven't seen it all but I'm having a great time so far!
I'm reserving my full judgement until I play a lot more, you might want to also. This is a MMO that is supposed to have play value over many months not just several days. I haven't gotten any near far enough to be able to address some of the concerns that people are posting.

I certainly am enjoying it enough (except for the Memory Alpha bs) to want to continue playing. Unfortunately the servers have been down several times I've wanted to play.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2010, 09:25 AM
space combat, hands down (excepting the auto-fire).

only other space-flight MMOs I've ever tried are SWG and EVE ... and STO has them both beat in terms of getting a feel for the space combat in large ships.

I'm slightly annoyed at the whole limited autofire thing.. and the fact that I will have 12 BO abilities at admiral and I'm already running out of space on my toolbar at Commander...