Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiss View Post
they have like 2 cannon abilities versus many more beam ones so be happy.
You have half a dozen bad abilities and we only have two good ones... wahhh!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 11:31 PM
As someone who is cheerfully (ab)using Extend Shields, I do agree that it could probably be toned down and remain useful. As the OP said, it really should drain some of your shields as it restores the target's. (Although if they did make that change, upping the range to 10km would be nice. It's like herding cats trying to keep a damaged ally in range of Extend Shields in a pickup PvP match.)

I also agree that burst damage is too high to be healthy in the current game environment, and that CRF is one of the culprits. But a reduction in global damage - or even global burst damage - would I think risk turning every fight with competent players on both sides into a grinding stalemate. Ally support powers as they currently exist are extremely powerful and would need a look at the same time as any overall damage adjustment was being made.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 11:34 PM
i dissagree about dmage

there is way too much tanking and healing ingame
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
i dissagree about dmage

there is way too much tanking and healing ingame
more one shotting for the win?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
only 1 shooting there is ramming speed
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
as if tier 4 isn't filled with oneshotting already :p
I've been playing pretty regularly in t4 now and my god to people have bad reflexes. I can get someone to 25% shields in a fraction of a second, by the time they hit their first defensive buff their practically at 25% hull. either that or their defenses were on cooldown, either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
only 1 shooting there is ramming speed
I believe he's refering to the instagibbing super-alpha strike that every dps class carries that is capable of rendering all but the heardiest of ships complete and utter space junk in 5ish seconds.

edit: and even then, I've survived ramming speed that hit me at full impulse (10% hull )
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Wait wait! what? you want to nerf Rapid fire again? its already been hit hard with the nerfbat twice!

Bottom line Rapid fire is no more OP than beam overload or Target subsystem beams, the lack of proper defences or teamwork is the reason Rapid Fire seems to rip through ships not the fact its OP...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusTyrel View Post
Bottom line Rapid fire is no more OP than beam overload
...have you actually used Beam Array: Overload recently?

Regardless of if you think CRF is balanced as it is now or could use a look, it is vastly more useful than BAO by any sane metric.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
...have you actually used Beam Array: Overload recently?

Regardless of if you think CRF is balanced as it is now or could use a look, it is vastly more useful than BAO by any sane metric.
Yes as instanstly vaporizing a shield quarter and laying in with torpdoes instantly is so under performing..

Or BO followed by battery or EP W ...followed by BO #2 BOOM.

Lt. Commander
# 20
02-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Wait wait! what? you want to nerf Rapid fire again? its already been hit hard with the nerfbat twice!

Bottom line Rapid fire is no more OP than beam overload or Target subsystem beams, the lack of proper defences or teamwork is the reason Rapid Fire seems to rip through ships not the fact its OP...
I play support in every single game I'm in, and often times trying to keep someone alive against 2 or more rapid firing Klingons is about as effective as tinkling on a house fire. But like I said, a straight nerf to Rapid Fire would probably be a bad idea; but it's too much front loading right now and needs some tweaks.

Beam Overload and Target Subsystems don't compare to Rapid Fire at all. Completely draining your weapon power just isn't worth the one shot damage bonus of Beam Overload, and I honestly don't notice any real effects from using the innate Subsystem Targeting on the Science Vessels.

Quote:
Yes as instanstly vaporizing a shield quarter and laying in with torpdoes instantly is so under performing..

Or BO followed by battery or EP W ...followed by BO #2 BOOM.
Are you able to use like Beam Overload M (Roman numeral for 1,000) or something? Mine never even came close to one shotting a shield facing when I was using it.