Lt. Commander
# 1 Plasma or tetryon ?
02-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Trying to decide which cannons to upgrade to in t4 , anyone have any suggestions on which to take ? pro's and con's of each ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 10:19 PM
i like tetryon, its like prr prr prrr

Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Tetryon was my first choice but i noticed the shop only has the dual cannons , no dual heavies . Is there any real difference ? the dps rating on dual and dual heavy are the same so ...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 10:23 PM
The plasma cannons sound like the cool Star Wars squirt squirt squirt sound from some of the tie fighters...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe59 View Post
Tetryon was my first choice but i noticed the shop only has the dual cannons , no dual heavies . Is there any real difference ? the dps rating on dual and dual heavy are the same so ...
can have 3 DUAL heavy cannons without getting diminishing returns due to global cooldown

but only 2 Dual cannons, so if you have BOP its fine
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
ah ok , yeah im flying a bop , thanks for the info
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
ah ok , yeah im flying a bop , thanks for the info
afaik

and np

dual cannons same dps, just fire more often
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Trying to decide which cannons to upgrade to in t4 , anyone have any suggestions on which to take ? pro's and con's of each ?
I have used both and I must say I prefer the Tetryons. No dual heavies, but honestly they do not need them. On a BoP with Rapid Fire they rip through target shields real nice (they are designed to do so) and fire fast, to the point that your target is popping RPS and shield buffs almost as soon as you start firing. Once the shields are down its time for a torp or three to punch the hull. The only drawback is that Tetryons suck power like water AND you make a run or two then you get to be the target of every focus fire in the world because almost everyone HATES the SOB who tears their shields new ones.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmerJr View Post
I have used both and I must say I prefer the Tetryons. No dual heavies, but honestly they do not need them. On a BoP with Rapid Fire they rip through target shields real nice (they are designed to do so) and fire fast, to the point that your target is popping RPS and shield buffs almost as soon as you start firing. Once the shields are down its time for a torp or three to punch the hull. The only drawback is that Tetryons suck power like water AND you make a run or two then you get to be the target of every focus fire in the world because almost everyone HATES the SOB who tears their shields new ones.

fairly certain that all weapons of the same class (banks, arrays, cannons, etc) consume the same amount of power regardless of the dmg type (phaser, plasma, etc) seing as how they all do the same dps
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement0
fairly certain that all weapons of the same class (banks, arrays, cannons, etc) consume the same amount of power regardless of the dmg type (phaser, plasma, etc) seing as how they all do the same dps
Maybe so, but then explain with 2 dual Tetryon cannons, why my weapons power starts at 110% and by the end of the rapid fire cycle it is at 45%? With dual heavy plasma cannons mounted it rarely broke 95%, with dual heavy disruptor cannons it got to 85% but never less.

I think I know what is happening but I have to use an analogy to explain it. Imagine if you will two sticks. One is a club, the other a willow branch. Given the premise that both deliver the same DPS, this would mean that the willow branch would have to be moving much quicker than the club and hit the target many more times to equal the damage generated by the slower moving club. As the firing cycle on the willow stick would be higher than the club, this would equate to a higher power draw for comparable hit strength.