Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't Train Bridge Officers
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
I am Captain 1 Rank. I have the ability to train my Engineering officers with Emergency Power to Weapons/Shields/Engines III. These are all Lt Commander rank skills.

The Engineering Bridge Officer I want to train is a Commander rank, and has an open slot to train the skill into. It only costs 225 Merits and I have over 17k.

When I choose the skill to train, the officer I want to train is grayed out and I cannot train her. Unlike the other officers I have that say "this officer cannot learn this skill," her slot just says Replaces Unknown Node.

I cannot click her name or train her in the skill. Anyone have any advice?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Yea I know what that is. The skill you want to replace is Aceton Field. And Aceton Field (no matter if rank I, II or III) is bugged and considered as ground skill. Until Cryptic fix it you cant do anything and wont be able to learn any other skill in that tier (you cant change Aceton Field to any other skill). Second bad thing is you even cant use the Aceton Field in combat, it doesnt show up. Theres lot people aroud like you and me who have engineering officers crapped in this way and cant do anything.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 12:20 AM
I noticed this when I did some more checking. Thanks for the info though. That sucks too, I wasted a lot of skill points to max that skill out before I noticed I couldn't use it.

Submitted a bug ticket, hopefully it's in the big patch!