Lt. Commander
# 1 Nerf it all to heck!
02-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Ok, let's talk about nerfing... What is the purpose of nerfing? Why nerf a fun pvp skill set?

To adjust it to the way it was intended? (how do so many players know what the developers intended)
To make something less powerful (MES comes to mind, and that was a shame).

So, we have 100 skills to nerf one by one (yes, once viral matrix is made worthless you same people will move onto the next skill until everything is nerfed just like wow).

Then, let's get it over with! Devs should listen to the cries for balance and the nerfing of the top 15 skills... We all just get slow moving ships with little lasers that go pew pew. See, at this point they actually have a high velocity, fly by the seat of your pants, very diverse - system.

It is new to us. Change is hard to accept. We will always look back to these days as the most raw and real pvp that this game ever could give. we did it with wow (nerf!), we did it with SWG (nerf!).... Now once again we are at some lame crossroad where the few complainers are able to grab hold of the forums to cry out for balance. The game will become bland if we allow this. Give it time, learn to adapt, sorry all of you fed cruisers can't live in a viral matrix world. Try out a science ship! Try out some of these skills that make you so mad!

I am sorry that the pvp build and the pve build do not get along, all of your dreams of flying the enterprise prevents you from deflecting VM in T3, but seriously don't let you stuborn attitude nerf this game... Cryptic is not known for making subtle choices, they hack with an axe when a scalple is the correct tool for the job.

The game is fun, and yes, pvp can be intense, and yes... Forums allow you to vent. But the game is still fun with carriers, vm, extend shields, RSP, ramming speed, science teams, engineering teams, etc... Don't make this game into a pew pew pvp match requiring little to no skill or thought. The Trekkies deserve a killer pvp game... Time will only give us a better understanding of what minor changes are needed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 06:25 AM
It's the WoW syndrome - Blizz has recently switched design philosophy and does major changes on a patch/patch basis rather than at expansion level. Thus players learned to complain loud and fast in order to get what they want - hence the current outcry against everything they don't understand or can't be bothered to counter.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 06:29 AM
There are things that need changing but I think majority of those are bugs. I really cant see anything that needs nerfing (other than palm strike spamming).
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 06:31 AM
We cry nerf when we see something as imbalanced. It may be because we lack the skill to counter it, or we don't understand it. Or it can be because that one ability is stronger than everything else in the game. To write everything off as either one of those is foolish. Listen to the logic presented and make your own judgement.

Idiocy is trying not to understand.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 06:39 AM
i had 100% shields and in my T3 Klink Cruiser.

Fed comes from behind impulsing, goes normal mode uses maby evasive+ramming speed and he hits me for 35400 dmg thru the shields i die and he survives.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 06:56 AM
One of the things I'm having issue with are items that should be bind on pick up are just bind on install. This is throwing PvP out of whack . People farming items and then selling them to the highest bidder or handing them down . Rare items awarded to a player should remain with that player , this is what allows the gold farmers operate. If they don't use it ishould be sold on a vendor for energy credits.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Sure, spamming palm strike is weird... But both sides have it, increased movement on the keyboard drives excitement. (just showing that one persons misery is 10 peoples bliss)

Ramming speed, evasive manuvers, brace for impact, full impulse.... Wow, that is exciting just to say... And not as easy as you think to pull off!

The top dog in pvp games right now is Modern Warfare 2. Over 5 million active pvp'ers. And sure they have all sorts of modes to play on, but insta death happens. Twitch is part of the game. There are always tricky moves that others are good at.

Right now a lot of people are playing this game. Let's say they nerfed VM and Ramming speed to hades and back... Is that enough? Will it stop there? Then people will start complaining to have it back.

My point is this... There are things missing from the game. There are like 40 developers at the small cryptic studios in Los gatos, CA. 20 people crying out for a change in a few skills they don't agree with (for whatever reason) will adjust the focus of the developers away from the bigger issues of this game (lacking content, poor UI, etc...). The game is fun, be patient and find ways to adapt like most have. Stop pushing for easy mode, easy games are not what drives the mmo experience.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Sometimes things need to get nerfed because they just aren't fun.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
i had 100% shields and in my T3 Klink Cruiser.

Fed comes from behind impulsing, goes normal mode uses maby evasive+ramming speed and he hits me for 35400 dmg thru the shields i die and he survives.
Someone tried doing this to my cruiser because I used it to finish off his last 20% hull when he was trying to turtle, I hit brace for impact when I saw him incoming with all the flashy lights...

He 1 shot himself, I survived. Then I laughed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
Ok, let's talk about nerfing... What is the purpose of nerfing? Why nerf a fun pvp skill set?

To adjust it to the way it was intended? (how do so many players know what the developers intended)
To make something less powerful (MES comes to mind, and that was a shame).

So, we have 100 skills to nerf one by one (yes, once viral matrix is made worthless you same people will move onto the next skill until everything is nerfed just like wow).

Then, let's get it over with! Devs should listen to the cries for balance and the nerfing of the top 15 skills... We all just get slow moving ships with little lasers that go pew pew. See, at this point they actually have a high velocity, fly by the seat of your pants, very diverse - system.

It is new to us. Change is hard to accept. We will always look back to these days as the most raw and real pvp that this game ever could give. we did it with wow (nerf!), we did it with SWG (nerf!).... Now once again we are at some lame crossroad where the few complainers are able to grab hold of the forums to cry out for balance. The game will become bland if we allow this. Give it time, learn to adapt, sorry all of you fed cruisers can't live in a viral matrix world. Try out a science ship! Try out some of these skills that make you so mad!

I am sorry that the pvp build and the pve build do not get along, all of your dreams of flying the enterprise prevents you from deflecting VM in T3, but seriously don't let you stuborn attitude nerf this game... Cryptic is not known for making subtle choices, they hack with an axe when a scalple is the correct tool for the job.

The game is fun, and yes, pvp can be intense, and yes... Forums allow you to vent. But the game is still fun with carriers, vm, extend shields, RSP, ramming speed, science teams, engineering teams, etc... Don't make this game into a pew pew pvp match requiring little to no skill or thought. The Trekkies deserve a killer pvp game... Time will only give us a better understanding of what minor changes are needed.
/agreed but you certainly will agree too that still some balance is needed? So what is balance all about? To nerf some abilities and to make some others stronger until the game is balanced fine. Thinking that way we will se a lot of nerfs and increases of abilities in the next few weeks and month