Lt. Commander
All,

What exactly does the 'scan area' buttonn do. Depending on who I talk to it is meant to accomplish different things...

is it:

A) Only locates and directs you to anomolies and does nothing else.

B) Shows you everything you can interact with and anomolies?

For me it appears to be A but people are telling me that it should do B. So I dont know if my sensors are broken
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 03:13 AM
It should really only do A, but I noticed that sometimes it does B, if you're near an interactable object, but I think only if it's a quest objective. I have no idea if it's a bug or a feature, but I'd place my bets on it being a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 03:17 AM
In my experience, it does both, in order of proximity. So, if there are 2 anomalies and 1 mission objective in the area, it will direct you to them all, starting with the nearest first.

If I recall correctly, it was added as a response to people saying they had trouble finding objectives in ground missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 03:17 AM
It was recently changed so that it points to the nearest interactive item. This is in the patch notes. Might want to give them a read to see if there is anything else in there that clears up an unknown for you.

That's what they're there for.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 03:23 AM
I even kind of remember it being explained by Cryptic to scan and detect "intractable objects".

correct me if i'm wrong
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawulf View Post
I even kind of remember it being explained by Cryptic to scan and detect "intractable objects".

correct me if i'm wrong
Pedant alert: I think you mean "interactable" - although that's not actually a word - as "intractable" actually means something rather different (although, arguably, is appropriate ).

Sorry!

But yes, as to the general point you were making, it was added to scan and detect objects that you can interact with. I find it extremely useful
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
All,

What exactly does the 'scna area' btoon do. Depending on who I talk to it is meant to accomplish different things...

is it:

A) Only located and directs you to anomolies and does nothing else.

B) Shows you everything you can interact wiht and anomolies?

For me it appears to be A but people are telling me that it should do B. So I dont know if my sensors are broken
Some clarity on the hitting of keys, please and thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferies_Pubes
Some clarity on the hitting of keys, please and thank you.
Thank the rest of you for the help. Jefferies - you are a ****. That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 06:08 AM
I took the time and care to make my message clear for everyone reading, and I'm a ****? Hopefully it was something very nice that was censored, that would make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferies_Pubes
I took the time and care to make my message clear for everyone reading, and I'm a ****? Hopefully it was something very nice that was censored, that would make sense.
But your message was irrlevant sarcasm. Why post at all?