Lt. Commander
# 1 Stupid Cat
02-08-2010, 04:09 AM
What the Frak? My dumb cat peed on the floor in front of my mom a couple days ago. We assumed it was because the litter box was dirty, so we cleaned it out. She then peed on a towel in front of my dad. We assumed it was because she was unaware of the new cleanliness of the litter box, so we rubbed her paws in the litter (like you do with a kitten). Just now, she peed on the front carpet in front of my little brother. Obviously, she's a little bit out of excuses.

My mom's been talking about getting rid of one of the cats lately (she thinks we have too many), and this behavior really isn't helping my cat's chances. Are there any cat people out there who can tell me why she's suddenly doing this and how to get her to stop?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 04:12 AM
Think you are missing a h in there. :p

And that is why Chat is a god person. So much easier to handle.
If a cat could they would give you the finger.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 05:13 AM
Maybe taking the cat to the vets, or asking on a cat forum would be a little more appropriate - most of the people on here struggle to get dressed each day!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 05:47 AM
our cat took to projectile vomitting from high places when we gave her a certain cat food (you know, like off the top of the fridge!). needless to say she doesn't eat that cat food anymore...

Aside from that cat anecdote, no i can't help you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 05:51 AM
It could also be the early warning stages of a urinary tract infection, or crystals in the urine. Perhaps a vet would be a better consult than a STO forum.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 05:54 AM
I had the same problem with one of my cats, except she was only peeing in one place, our bathroom rug. Oddly enough, when we threw out the ruined rug, she stopped. Never did figure out why she was doing that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 05:54 AM
deaken beat me to it
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 05:55 AM
Your Cat has a UTI (Urinary tract infection) most likely. This makes it painful for them to hold in urine, aka peeing all the time all over the place. take her to a vet asap or it could become worse.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintar07 View Post
What the Frak? My dumb cat peed on the floor in front of my mom a couple days ago. We assumed it was because the litter box was dirty, so we cleaned it out. She then peed on a towel in front of my dad. We assumed it was because she was unaware of the new cleanliness of the litter box, so we rubbed her paws in the litter (like you do with a kitten). Just now, she peed on the front carpet in front of my little brother. Obviously, she's a little bit out of excuses.

My mom's been talking about getting rid of one of the cats lately (she thinks we have too many), and this behavior really isn't helping my cat's chances. Are there any cat people out there who can tell me why she's suddenly doing this and how to get her to stop?
It could be incontinent.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Disclaimer: I am not a cat person, but I try to be helpful anyway (I am allergic to the little beasts)

"Inappropriate Elimination"

Cats do not pee outside the box out of spite, or to "get back at you." There are two main reasons why cat urinate outside the litter box:

1. UTI or Blockage
A cat may associate pain from a urinary tract infection or blockage by urinary crystals with the litter box itself. Consequently, the cat will seek out other places to urinate. It is imperative that you rule out a medical cause by taking your cat to the veterinarian without delay.
2. A Dirty Litter Box
Cats are fastidious animals and carefully cover their feces and urine, so as not to leave a trail for predators to follow. If a litter box becomes full, they will look elsewhere to pee and poop. Regular litter box maintenance is extremely important.
Closed Thread