Starfleet Veteran
# 1 The Illusive Gul Tain misison
04-24-2014, 03:29 PM
I have done a search and the newest post I could find is from a year ago.

I have been trying to find this mission for about 3 months now on my Romulan, I do log in twice a day and run all Cardassian areas, to be honest, logging in more would just be a "meh" waste of time and not found it.

Anyone else having trouble finding this mission, or any other required "Uncommon" quality mission?
Captain
# 2
04-24-2014, 04:57 PM
You could join the DOFFCALLS channel and it may pop up. I did the Gul Tain chain parked outside of DS9.
44th Fleet/44th Assault Squadron
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-25-2014, 07:29 AM
It is pretty rare - be sure to check your Operations Dept Head every area, as well as the Cardie zones. I finally got it about a week ago, it was in Beta Ursa in the general map. Also keep an eye on bit.ly/doffs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Commander
# 4
04-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
It is pretty rare - be sure to check your Operations Dept Head every area, as well as the Cardie zones. I finally got it about a week ago, it was in Beta Ursa in the general map. Also keep an eye on bit.ly/doffs.
It is Exploration, it will not show on Ops, it might for Science.

1/10 tends to be a Sector Map assignment, so the best bet is to just cycle through BU, AT and ZA, also stopping at RN, BN and ZE clusters.

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-25-2014, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickmckaby View Post
I have done a search and the newest post I could find is from a year ago.

I have been trying to find this mission for about 3 months now on my Romulan, I do log in twice a day and run all Cardassian areas, to be honest, logging in more would just be a "meh" waste of time and not found it.

Anyone else having trouble finding this mission, or any other required "Uncommon" quality mission?
Quote:
Originally Posted by artfulmerkage View Post
It is Exploration, it will not show on Ops, it might for Science.

1/10 tends to be a Sector Map assignment, so the best bet is to just cycle through BU, AT and ZA, also stopping at RN, BN and ZE clusters.
Sorry - thought he was looking for the final (to get Gul Tain), which is recruitment, I think. Any-hoo, I should have said check the department head associated with the category of the mission. (Exploration would be Science, etc.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Career Officer
# 6
04-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Took me 3 excruciating months.

Oddly enough, the B'tran one only took me a week.
>{Andoria}<->{Vulcan}<->{Risa}<->{Defera}<->{Starfleet Academy}<->{Holodecks/Holosuites}<->{Star Clusters}<->{Exploration, Part I NEW!}<->{Other Risa}
Captain
# 7
04-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh View Post
Took me 3 excruciating months.

Oddly enough, the B'tran one only took me a week.
Cluster missions usually show up at least once a day. Gul Tain seems to be very hit or miss for whatever reason. He's just a projectile weapon doff, those are a dime a dozen. But if you're into collecting or completing mission chains I can see the frustration.
44th Fleet/44th Assault Squadron