Lt. Commander
# 1 need bigger ignore list
02-08-2010, 06:09 AM
We need a bigger ignore list since you guys are not actively banning gold sellers.
It's hard to follow any chat at the moment without banning numerous goldsellers first.

This needs to be edressed asap.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 06:22 AM
I'll take that one step further.

It is, at least to me, virtually IMPOSSIBLE to employ chat at ALL, due to the massive amounts of currency spamming that is happening.

It doesn't matter where I am, in spacedock or sector space, it is virtually nonstop.

I also can't seem to find any chat filters to handle this, even if poorly: perhaps I'm still too new (Lt 2), but I would have thought that the interface for chat filters would be a bit more readily apparent.

What controls are there, if any, to try and weed out this garbage? Anyone? I've thoroughly enjoyed the game so far, and it has performed very well - my only complaint is the complete and total lack of chat.

How do I filter this crap out of the system?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andurant
How do I filter this crap out of the system?
Right click on the name of the spammer, and select "Report Spam". The person will automatically be added to your ignore list, and a report of the offending message will be sent to Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 06:25 AM
It hasn't been too bad for me but perhaps im on when gold sellers sleep, anyway if you think this is bad you should have seen ****... oh the nightmares still in my mind, it was seriously, non stop and i mean non stop gold spams, every micro second a new spammer would post in the general chat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 06:29 AM
I have played many an MMO, and gold sellers have never been as big a nuisance as they are in this game. Zone chat, whispers, my inbox . . . it's crazy. They really do make in-game communication very difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 06:30 AM
**** chat was nothing but a huge pile of ASCII artwork spam for gold sellers, it was awful. I still have flashbacks to the little red hearts all over...

WTB filter for any chat that has any part of any URL in it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Sol and the sirius sector are te worst. Its not so bad outside of them, though some jerk sent me a tell for gold selling last night.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karv
Right click on the name of the spammer, and select "Report Spam". The person will automatically be added to your ignore list, and a report of the offending message will be sent to Cryptic.
The OP's point was that there is a limit to the number of people that can be ignored. So this does not help once that limit has been met
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Ya wahts the deal with these guys? Are they even for real? I mean how is it that they have all these credits to sale? I find it more likely they're just a scam you send them your money and they just kind of keep it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_
The OP's point was that there is a limit to the number of people that can be ignored. So this does not help once that limit has been met
Indeed. However, if you read the quotation in my post, you will see that that was the question which I answered.