Lt. Commander
So, there are a number o powerful abilities in the game (VM, RSP, JTS, RFC, et cetera). All different roles have access to a number of these powerful abilities. Players have full control over which way they spec and which BO abilities that they use.

What exactly is the problem here?

This is the most diverse and best balanced PVP that I have ever seen in a game. You all have access to at least some level of any of these powerful abilities (for the most part).

Maybe you should have put more thought in to your toon? Calling for nerfs because of your blind-sighted-ness is laughable.

Maybe you should spend more time PVPing and learning to counter or prepare for these abilities instead of logging on the forums and calling for nerfs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g44r4 View Post
So, there are a number o powerful abilities in the game (VM, RSP, JTS, RFC, et cetera). All different roles have access to a number of these powerful abilities. Players have full control over which way they spec and which BO abilities that they use.

This is the most diverse and best balanced PVP that I have ever seen in a game. You all have access to at least some level of any of these powerful abilities (for the most part).

Maybe you should have put more thought in to your toon? Calling for nerfs because of your blind-sighted-ness is laughable.

Maybe you should spend more time PVPing and learning to counter or prepare for these abilities instead of logging on the forums and calling for nerfs.
Nooo! I call a nerf on your logic because i can't counter it!

Seriously, i agree. Where are means to counter many of the abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Abilities that are clearly superior leads to the boring cookie cutter syndrome that affects many games.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieMan View Post
Abilities that are clearly superior leads to the boring cookie cutter syndrome that affects many games.
Ah ha! However, when there exist many powerful abilities, for different uses (or similar uses) with counters, it opens up the possibilities for unique gameplay based on player preference. This is why, at least for me, this is the most enjoyable PVP that I have had the pleasure of playing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g44r4 View Post

Nerfs are usually triggered by either statistics players cannot see, or by school solutions that develop around play styles that detract from the game. I expect to see modifications to reduce the long term Klingon lurking syndrome, and to break up the Fedball. As for statistics, this depends on what the average Fed PvP team does against the average Klingon PvP team. It is possible (and easy) to develop statistics and create correlations between certain variables (weapon loads of the same grade being more powerful in PvP) and thus determine where the numbers need a massage. Happens in all online games. Often, the players never notice the "nerfs".
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 09:29 AM
"Captain, we're being hailed by a fleet of Noobs."

"What!?!?!? Full power to the whine shields, load forward torpedo bays with cheese!!!"

No Nerfs, better strategy.