Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
02-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I sit in an office at my desk day in day out.. 7 days a week.. making sure satellite comms are still operational for the military. Afterall the General needs to be able to check his email and call home whenever he/she wants to. However my job I spend 90% of my work day sitting here doing nothing watching tv to be on call if some sort of hiccup occurs. The other 10% is just compiling daily reports of efficiency and quality. It's exciting.. well it does get exciting when a rocket or a mortar hits base out here in Iraq. Thankfully I got a week left of this job then back to the states I go already preparing for my next job... making sure you people get quality DirectTV uplinks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I work for the competition testing the German language version of EQ2 and other SOE products. Right now, as some may know, we have an expansion coming out so we're swamped with work. Been working overtime all last week and today. The only highlight is sunday, because we only work 8 hours then. That's when I get most of my STO in.

So yeah, I have a lot of understanding for Cryptic and the complaints they're getting. We get a lot of player submitted bugs that feel kind of like:

"Waaah, why doesn't may charaktur (and my charaktur onlee) have an instunt-kill button?"

Well, not quite like that, but you get the idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
02-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I teach at a small rural community college. I just got out of a meeting of our SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - the Federally-recognized accrediting body for colleges and schools in the southeast US) Compliance committee and am not motivated to begin grading the most recent set of essays that demonstrate my failure to educate my students.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
I work at a University testing the memory of Alzheimer's patients. On days we actually have patients I manage to stay busy but a lot of the testing is really boring to adminster... "Here's a set of 10 words, read them out loud to me and then I'll ask you later how many you can remember." I usually have forums open and am browsing whenever I get the chance.

My second job is pretty boring too but I have so much downtime I just log onto STO on my laptop and play through the guest network (which isn't firewalled). God finding out about that gave me my 6th wind at that job.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
02-09-2010, 04:43 AM
Dang. You were right. I came back, because I'm "bored at work" again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
02-09-2010, 05:41 AM
My boss called me this morning and said don't bother coming into work today.

His truck was frozen shut, and my kids are home from school because of the weather here in NW Arkansas.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
02-09-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
My boss called me this morning and said don't bother coming into work today.

His truck was frozen shut, and my kids are home from school because of the weather here in NW Arkansas.
Wow, you have all the luck. More time to play STO! Am I right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
02-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarzGurl View Post
Wow, you have all the luck. More time to play STO! Am I right?
Depends....Still waiting on the wife...If she doesn't have to go to work, then no. if she does.......oh hell yeah.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
02-09-2010, 06:02 AM
I'm a Graphic Designer/Production Artist, and yup it's been slow here too, so I read the forums
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
02-09-2010, 06:24 AM
I used to work tech support at a gaming studio (Microprose, we made x-com, falcon 3.0, st:botf among others). My favorite tech call was from a grandma asking where she was supposed to insert her game disk to play Tetris, all she could find in her computer was the pull-out cup holder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:34 AM.