Lt. Commander
# 1 BO's and Hand to hand combat
02-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Tried to equip a melee weapon into my BO hands and while i was able to do so the BO did nothing. Yes his specials seemed to go off or work but he did not fight anything. I am not sure if this is a bug or if this has been reported but it just seems odd.

Lt. Cmdr, Male, Klingon, BO - specials fired IE focus fire but did not enter combat even at close range.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Hmmm... My BOff are always rifle-butting enemies, and my Borg BOff uses her shock ability to stun. But since they are all armed to the teeth very few enemies ever get through the shield wall....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 07:46 AM
they only pull out melee attacks when theres an enemy in melee range. my guess is that this is to prevent them from spamming rifle butt attack 100% of the time
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran
Tried to equip a melee weapon into my BO hands and while i was able to do so the BO did nothing. Yes his specials seemed to go off or work but he did not fight anything. I am not sure if this is a bug or if this has been reported but it just seems odd.

Lt. Cmdr, Male, Klingon, BO - specials fired IE focus fire but did not enter combat even at close range.
Yeah its Broken. I relized that after pumping my Klingon BO up with melee skills and equiping him with Batt'Leth.
What a downer...

/squish
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
You can get your BOs to melee if you assign them a target. Even when set to aggressive, they will not auto-acquire targets at range when they have only a melee weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I had same disappointment when I tried to make a Fed BO be martial arts focused.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 10:44 PM
got my entire team of bo's equipped with bat'leths..... they still cowered and did nothing... i of course, only realised this when charging into a huge crowd of several swordmasters, officers and targ handlers...

switched them back to weapons, and they actually still behaved the same way... so got slaughtered again as i was the only one killing things...