Lt. Commander
That seems to be its main power, attracting morons.

Been in there several times.

Work my butt off to get it down and then fools start in shooting the frags and healing it. We keep telling them not to hit the large frags that spawn the small healing frags. But they just keep blasting away!

Total waste of time with idiots like that playing. I'd kill for a group in there that has a freaking clue what they are doing. Sick of being penalized for fools that don't have a clue.

Would kill to kick them out of the instance or something.

Venting.....Venting....Venting...

URG!!!!

Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Well, is this a group encounter oder can you solo it? If the latter, then don't join a party...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 02:48 PM
There's so much misinformation in the zone chat about what do do. Nonsense like "mines heal it." Sure, mines can be a bad idea in there for other reasons, but they don't directly heal the thing.

It's the small shards heading back to the entity that heal it. Also, I think maybe ships getting too close might heal it as well, but I'm not completely sure. I am pretty sure though that shards hitting ships don't heal it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 02:49 PM
OK, that's nice to know...

The one and only time I was in there, they kept shouting on the local TO shoot all the frags or they'll return to the entity and heal it. That shooting the fragments prevented the entity from healing.

Must be why after a half hour I said screw it and left.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 02:52 PM
The strategy for beating the thing is so simple yet even me practically yelling it out in Zone over and over didnt seem to help.

Divert all power to engines. Makes you fly fast. Outrunning the shards is a good thing.

Fly in a circle around the Entity avoiding shards and outrunning the rest.

Hit the entity itself with everything you've got until it explodes.

Do NOT shoot at the shards.

Do NOT sit still and shoot at the thing.

So simple, yet so hard to understand for some I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 02:52 PM
I was under the impression, that everyone needs to be around9km away, have power into engines, maxxed (reduce shields to compensate), go clockwise around The Crystaline Entity, All fire on CE, in one big group and if thats done correctly, it would be a doddle.

Or something of the like, the problem I seem to be seeing is, well not everyone has the same definition of clockwise and its something spectacular, to be evading the fragments only to have some ****** litterally fly into you, with a half dozen or so trailing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Large frags will break up into small frags. If small frags get back to the entity, they heal it. Those are the ones you want to shoot. All other ones should not be shot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm pretty certain that exploding them with your weapons doesn't heal it. we had a team of guys clearing frags with phasers and another team focusing all fire on entity. Almost had it done until some fool dropped mines.

This is where it gets hard to tell whats going on. The fragments heal the thing when they smash into something and explode. Like a player's ship. Whenever anyone takes damage from a fragment, it heals.

Guess what's going on when it hits your mines. Mine's are one of those weapons that show up as a target. The fragments then target them, ram them and explode, causing the mine to explode. The fragments are dealing damage to the mine's, not viceversa.

That being explained I'll some up the problem as I've observed it in one sentance. I'm not claiming this to be accurate, maybe I've correlated my observations wrong, but this is my conclusion based on hours of trying.

The Crystalline Entity heals whenever the fragments deal damage.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCaptain View Post
I was under the impression, that everyone needs to be around9km away, have power into engines, maxxed (reduce shields to compensate), go clockwise around The Crystaline Entity, All fire on CE, in one big group and if thats done correctly, it would be a doddle.

Or something of the like, the problem I seem to be seeing is, well not everyone has the same definition of clockwise and its something spectacular, to be evading the fragments only to have some ****** litterally fly into you, with a half dozen or so trailing.
This is the strategy that I use. It doesn't matter if you round it counter or not, so long as everyone's on the same path. I like to stay at different altitudes in relation to the entity as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowover View Post

The Crystalline Entity heals whenever the fragments deal damage.
Very succinctly put.

Never blow up shards, only target the entity.

Simple.