Captain
# 71
06-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig76 View Post
stop harassing me, be civil, stop the name calling, stop making great debates out of everything i say and i wouldnt have a reason to say anything about u, now would i? NOOOOOO
From what I could see you were the one on the offensive here. Nobody else was trying to make this personal and none of that contributes anything of consequence to the issue at hand. This graphics problem is serious and it is affecting a lot of people, we need it to get noticed by somebody who can do something about it and frankly a great many of us need some sign that developers acknowledge that there is a problem here, not have the topic sidelined by petty squabbles while this problem like so many others continues unresolved.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........

Last edited by maxvitor; 06-26-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Captain
# 72
06-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Adding my name to the list.
Pre S9 I can't ever recall having my weapons fire be invisible. After S9 launch, this oddity started occuring.

I've even upgraded to a new graphics card since S9 launched, with max detail settings possible I still get this problem.

Might need to try low settings and work up, see if some setting in particular is causing it.
------------------

same here
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Survivor of Remus
# 73
06-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
From what I could see you were the one on the offensive here. Nobody else was trying to make this personal and none of that contributes anything of consequence to the issue at hand. This graphics problem is serious and it is affecting a lot of people, we need it to get noticed by somebody who can do something about it and frankly a great many of us need some sign that developers acknowledge that there is a problem here, not have the topic sidelined by petty squabbles while this problem like so many others continues unresolved.
You havent seen the other threads then

But anyway, its been dealt with and forgotten........

moving forward
Survivor of Remus
# 74
06-27-2014, 01:45 AM
We probably wont see a fix for this anytime soon as they will be working hard on getting S 9.5 ready. As we just saw from last night(my time), there were no patch notes. I think this can be expected for at least a couple of weeks or so. It seems to be the norm just before a new season or mid season release
Career Officer
# 75
06-29-2014, 04:49 PM
it's worth mentioning that the PVP community has known about this issue since the introduction of the Yellowstone Runabout pet. which has always been the quickest way to produce the issue. get 3 carriers, load all 3 with double wings of yellowstones. tell them to attack something. the 'crop dusting' they do has previously caused the game to derender everything, including other players ships, making them untargetable. which i'm sure you can appreciate in a PVP situation is a very big problem. since the recent update, the game is far too eager to derender effects. the Yellowstones are often referred to as a game placate because of how the engine retardedly derenders crap due to them. even on rigs running GTX Titan series cards.

note, it has taken as little as 2 wings of 2 yellowstones to cause the game to start derendering. i believe Warp Plasma will do the same as it also produces each 'cloud' as an individual effect, so each spraying is an additional 10-20 effects.
Captain
# 76
06-30-2014, 04:59 AM
Well, the right thing to do will be to fix this before they launch the next expansion.. but cryptic doesnt care about this issue, so they are not worried about releasing an expansion and screw up completely the game engine for good. And that is more or less what is going to happen in the next expansion. We had several months with "no patches" until now (fixing 2 things that are already broken again the next week is not fixing anything, btw) , so i will not be surprised if they just forget forever about fixing anything. I wish im wrong, but i dont have too much hopes at this point.

Last edited by policestate76; 06-30-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Career Officer
# 77
06-30-2014, 05:29 AM
This problem was extremely evident to me last night.

I used one of my toons in his Galor for CSE/KASE and at first, during KASE, I thought my weapons had stopped firing while taking a transformer out.

Moving the cam angle bought the weapons effects back.

It showed its head again in CSE while attacking the carrier. I'm firing away when everything stops. Swing the cam angle left and right and all is well.

I haven't used this toon, or his Galor/Spiral wave disruptors for quite a while.

* Missing - Bridge Officers. If found please return to Admiral Quinn!! *
Captain
# 78
06-30-2014, 05:57 AM
I want them to do a simple fix

either a: it only displays 2 beams per ship (fore/aft) unless you run multiple weapon/energy types (in which case its as normal) for everyone (cutting down on a lot of graphic spam)

or b: you can select to have full display for youself, but shows only minimal weapons for others

There is no need for millions of shots - we just need a graphic representation that the shots are fired
Survivor of Remus
# 79
06-30-2014, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by policestate76 View Post
well, The Right Thing To Do Will Be To Fix This Before They Launch The Next Expansion.. But Cryptic Doesnt Care About This Issue, So They Are Not Worried About Releasing An Expansion And Screw Up Completely The Game Engine For Good. And That Is More Or Less What Is Going To Happen In The Next Expansion. We Had Several Months With "no Patches" Until Now (fixing 2 Things That Are Already Broken Again The Next Week Is Not Fixing Anything, Btw) , So I Will Not Be Surprised If They Just Forget Forever About Fixing Anything. I Wish Im Wrong, But I Dont Have Too Much Hopes At This Point.
Yaaawwwwnnnnn
Survivor of Remus
# 80
06-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxadrill View Post
Moving the cam angle bought the weapons effects back.
I've tried the same thing with moving the camera around. It sometimes works, other times it doesnt do anything work at all for me.