Lt. Commander
# 1 Feedback pulse is the new RSP
02-06-2010, 07:09 PM
15 sec duration, 45 sec cooldown, returns damage from all beam weapons that go straight through your shields to your hull (200-1600 no-resist damage per beamshot fired (3 for every time you fire a beam array)). It will end you faster than you can say ketchup. If you manage to hit escape or untarget as soon as it comes up, you will only suffer ~50% hull damage. If you wait for 2-3 seconds, your ship will die.

Think people stacking RSP sucked ass? This is the next thing.

Edit: As people are most likely to read the first post and ignore everything else, here is an example
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1508/15102789.png
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1133/60933223.png
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I would suggest it be changed to hit the shields first. Doesn't seem like it's intended to go straight through to the hull.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 08:17 PM
How is it that people can complain that half the skills in the game (Skills, mind you, that everyone can have access to) are overpowered?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rabbit
How is it that people can complain that half the skills in the game (Skills, mind you, that everyone can have access to) are overpowered?
Hmmmm. MES (Fixed), RSP, Feedback Pulse,Viral matrix. that's half of ...8 skills? There are a ton of skills that are balanced.

In any game there are skills that are too good. Instead of just saying use it or deal with it, we say fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Feedback is going to be a decent pve tanking skill to "grab everything". So any nerf shouldnt change the pve side.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Hmm I may have to give Feedback Pulse another look, I tried it back in T3 and didn't seem too impressed by it. Guess I needed to give it more of a try. As far as wanting half the skills changed. Maybe just playing the game, and accepting the fact your going to lose, or find somebody who did something you didn't like so much. I'm loving all these skills myself. It forces good teamwork, and also forces you to learn to play better as an individual. In a world of so many dumbed down MMO's out here now. It's refreshing to find one such as this, that actually makes you think a little while you play.

Yeah at times I myself even get a little frustrated about things, but after settling down, and thinking things thru, just about anything can be dealt with.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaktak
Hmm I may have to give Feedback Pulse another look, I tried it back in T3 and didn't seem too impressed by it. Guess I needed to give it more of a try. As far as wanting half the skills changed. Maybe just playing the game, and accepting the fact your going to lose, or find somebody who did something you didn't like so much. I'm loving all these skills myself. It forces good teamwork, and also forces you to learn to play better as an individual. In a world of so many dumbed down MMO's out here now. It's refreshing to find one such as this, that actually makes you think a little while you play.

Yeah at times I myself even get a little frustrated about things, but after settling down, and thinking things thru, just about anything can be dealt with.
it's most impressive in an environment where stuff blows otherstuff up in a matter of seconds
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Probably because this game's extensive testing of 45 minutes in QA and a bunch of random yahoo beta testers who spent half their time waiting for the server to come back up did not, in fact, reveal all of the balance issues.

That and the designers probably spent about 2 minutes pondering the ramifications of these skills on PvP. NPCs don't complain when you use some stupidly overpowered ability on them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Hmm, if I only use cannons and torps this won't affect me. And if I use this when a stack of Fed cruisers are focus firing on me, they go poof as fast as I do. Hmmm.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
because not everyone has access to them?