Lt. Commander
# 1 Rubberbanding!
02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
For god's sake! Someone stop the rubber banding! It's not so bad in space, but walking around one of the space stations earlier this evening, the fact my character would 180 degree turn, or completely change position is ANNOYING. Please Cryptic, I am enjoying the game immsensly but this is getting irritating!

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I havent had any issues with this, nor my group mates.. Not to say one doesnt exist.. But are you sure its not your connection, or some router setting on your end?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 11:22 PM
I haven't had a problem with it and I am running pretty close to the minimums except maybe the graphics card. I still have a single core processor and running at medium quality in game. I did have a little problem at the start of headstart but i am gong to blame that on cryptic since once they fixed problems at their end I have had anything too bothersome. Except the faces of my team in the team window are pretty dark on ground mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Same as the other responders, haven't had this problem either.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 12:43 AM
After a few hours reading the forum tonight, you're the 3rd person I've seen with that problem. The vast majority of people don't. If I may make a suggestion, go to the tech forum and list your DXDIAG with your system. I'm guessing that ya'll rubberbanders have something in common, perhaps, and if you can figure it out maybe they can fix the problem faster. Or, perhaps someone there has a better suggestion then scan for malware/adware, check fans and air vents, defrag, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 01:18 AM
I had a problem last night with it, but it was because I was downloading BBCi Player programmes at the same time, it stopped once the BBC downloader had finished. It could be your bandwidth have you got anyone else on your connection? or any other programs using the net at the same time?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 01:30 AM
I've been getting less and less of this. Beginning of Open Beta it was so bad ground missions were unplayable if it wasn't in the middle of the night were it was just me and a handful of euro folk calling in sick from work. I'd also get it quite a bit in space combat.

Tward the end of OB I could actually do ground missions and space combat rarely lagged out, then rubberband played everything that happened in the last minute or 2 at 100x speed.

Head Start I only had a few instances of this in ground combat (starbaste 24 only for some reason) and now and then in space combat.

Since official lauch, to my amazement, I've had 0 issues with it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 01:32 AM
Simple trouble shooting

1) make sure ONLY STO is running on PC
2) open launcher, select option on bar at top, cheange Proxy to NONE
3) log into game
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatlock
For god's sake! Someone stop the rubber banding! It's not so bad in space, but walking around one of the space stations earlier this evening, the fact my character would 180 degree turn, or completely change position is ANNOYING. Please Cryptic, I am enjoying the game immsensly but this is getting irritating!

Thank you.
I'm having the same issues, I've tried making the adjustments these other folks have suggested and they haven't helped. You ever figure out what the problem was?