Lt. Commander
# 221
05-28-2010, 11:15 AM
woohooo..i got the last word hahahahaa
Lt. Commander
# 222
05-28-2010, 02:49 PM
I got the last word Now..... Im in on the infected run tonight at 9pm est. Hopefully there will be enough people to run it,, and,, as its being my first attempt,, I will bring my BEST ship!
Lt. Commander
# 223
05-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Infected run was a success last night
Lt. Commander
# 224
05-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Roster purge today.
Lt. Commander
# 225
05-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Roster purge completed.
Lt. Commander
# 226
05-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Happy Memorial Day
Lt. Commander
# 227
06-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I would like to welcome all the new members who joined SFO over the past few days.
Lt. Commander
Hey all, this is the all powerful, all knowing, all seeing,, ADMIRAL CAPTAIN CHAOS!!!! I am a high ranking officer of Starfleet Operations, the best fleet in STO! Well, ok, enough of that. I had an idea last night while i was reading a new book and wanted to share it.

I am currently reading Book one in " The genesis wave" series of books. I have read them before, but they are AWESOME so decided to read them again. While reading the 5th chapter of the night i realized the NO WHERE in the Star Trek TV/MOVIE Universe does The Genesis Device EVER appear besides Star Trek 2 and 3! Ive watched EVERY episode of ALL the series' and can not recall a SIGNLE reference to the Genesis device. Now the Genesis Wave series of Books is SOO awesome in its scope that a similar story in STO would be AWESOME!!!!

THe basic story is: Badguys capture Top Secret Information on the Genesis Experiment and try to use it to destroy the federation! How cool would it be to have a mission where it started off with an entire solar system getting whiped out by some kind of natural disaster,,, but the disaster didnt stop there, it keeps going and going heading directly toward Earth! Now the mission goals could be decided by the player,, does one attempt to warn the planets in the waves path ( have it be a psuedo diplomatic mission) Does one attempt to STOP the genesis wave itself ( THAT would be very difficult of course) and the final choice of the mission would be to go after the badguys that did it in the first place. Now of course all 3 mission choices would be available no matter which one you chose first but it would make the mission seem different!!!

Also there would need to be some STO universe changes,, Add a completely new sector to the MAP and THAT is where the Genesis wave attacks. But the mission itself could be done in a way that if you fail ( yes, there would be FAILURE in this mission ) Then that sector of space becomes uninhabitiable, but you Succeed, then that opens up MORE missions, like exploring the planets affected by the wave!
So i dont know if the DEVS take suggestions for stories, but i think THIS would make an AWESOME addition to the STO universe storyline. It could also be done with KLINGON characters as well in several different ways. Part of the SAVE THE SECTOR portition of the mission could be convincing Klingon ships to help evactuate planets in the waves path,, perhaps have the wave pass through a klingon system and as a FED you need to convince the klingons you want to help, and as a Klingon you need to decide if you want the FEDs help, or something along those lines.

So,, tell me what you all think,, Hell i dont even know if i posted this on the right forum, but im still posting it cause I think its an AWESOME part of the Trek universe that has NEVER been revisited and STO is the PERFECT place to revisit it!!!!!
# 229
06-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Sounds interesting Admiral Chaos
Lt. Commander
# 230
06-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Well, it is almost Friday

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!