Lt. Commander
# 21
02-09-2010, 03:42 AM
"Those like Dukat" is a stereotype that doesn't exist. Limiting him to "bad dictator" doesn't even get half of the truth. It's like saying "humans like Sisko" meaning someone who raises his son alone, but "humans like Sisko" also use dirty tricks to make the Romulans join the war. Garak is also not Mr. Innocent just because he poses as a plain, simple tailor.
So I don't think any species can be categorized like that, its about the way you play it. My Cardy would clearly have a touch of Damar more than anything, maybe a bit Ghemor, too.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2010, 03:51 AM
The Cardassians are one of my favourite races in Star Trek, because they actually have depth. It was really fun seeing the true good and decent side of Cardassians played off against the spiralling oppression of centuries of fascism enforced by ambitious, selfish scumbags.

I enjoyed hating Dukat, I enjoyed feeling confused about Damar who became a decent, likeable and all round awesome guy even though he killed Ziyal (who I wanted to have my babies after I've created an interdimensional time travelling transporter), I enjoyed Garak giving a masterclass in 'Antihero 101' for a long time.....DS9 made the Cardassians brilliant.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2010, 04:02 AM
I would play a Cardassian too.

In the Game Birth of the Federation i always play Cardassian Union.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorak View Post
The Cardassians are one of my favourite races in Star Trek, because they actually have depth. It was really fun seeing the true good and decent side of Cardassians played off against the spiralling oppression of centuries of fascism enforced by ambitious, selfish scumbags.

I enjoyed hating Dukat, I enjoyed feeling confused about Damar who became a decent, likeable and all round awesome guy even though he killed Ziyal (who I wanted to have my babies after I've created an interdimensional time travelling transporter), I enjoyed Garak giving a masterclass in 'Antihero 101' for a long time.....DS9 made the Cardassians brilliant.
I will admit to liking Garak and to feeling vast sadness when Ziyal died. Some Cardassians are quite likable. I just happen to find quite a bit of enjoyment in torturing the REST of the species and blowing their ships to hell.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-09-2010, 07:20 AM
I actually was saying before I made my purchase, "Can I be a Cardassian?" But then I found out I couldn't, and I was like . But then I found I could make my own races, and I was like .
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-09-2010, 07:30 AM
There once was a woman from venus who was shaped like a
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-09-2010, 07:32 AM
cardassians rock, there a very well developed species compared to some of the other races.

not to mention dukat and garak are brilliant characters

i managed to make my captain look like a cardassian so im pleased with that
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Garak FTW!!!!!!!

Lt. Commander
# 29
02-13-2010, 09:43 AM
i would have to say that out of all the startrek races cardassian is my fav race after borg, and cant wait to see them put in as a faction, which i assume they will because is listed as one of the 4 on the STO factions page

they have the funkyest ships and the funnest law system lol, and the obsidian order FTW beats romulan talshee'ar thingy hands down me thinks