Lt. Commander
Everyone keeps on saying that it's a non-refundable sale. Anyone here ever attempted to cancel their lifetime subs and succeded? I contacted billling dept on January 31, no response yet. Tried calling in, was in line for 2 hours.. still nothing. Sent several more tickets...

Can someone from Cyptic billing contact me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Been trying to find out information about cancelling a Lifetime Subscription as well if it turns out I decide I would not be able to commit enough time to the game to make the large upfront sum worthwhile. Let me know if you find anything.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Just contact billing support. You've got 30 days to ask for a refund!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Feel really sorry for you if you spent that much money and ended up getting so dissapointed that you now want to cancel it.

This situation is an example on why I never subscribed for life.

Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceduds
Everyone keeps on saying that it's a non-refundable sale. Anyone here ever attempted to cancel their lifetime subs and succeded? I contacted billling dept on January 31, no response yet. Tried calling in, was in line for 2 hours.. still nothing. Sent several more tickets...

Can someone from Cyptic billing contact me?
I canceled mine before head start but like Jeronas said just call Billing Support your still in the free 30day that came with the game so you have not used the Lifetime Sub yet. It could take awhile I know a few guys and gals at work that were on hold for a while, the game just came out so their Billing depart is going to be slammed with new accounts, billing issues, and players canceling there accounts it's just going to take time call them up and just hang tough you'll get through.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 10:07 AM
If you are going to call customer service I would say donít call on Monday. I called on Monday and was on hold for over 3 hours before I had to give up because of somewhere I had to be. I called again on Wednesday and got though in 40 minutes. It makes sense that Monday is there busiest day as they are closed over the weekend. I would imagine the best days to call would be Wednesday or Thursday.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Just did it too has i had that funny answer from their wonderfull Support system :

Quote:
Greetings, Depending where you purchased the game from (please see dev post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=107021) you will not be able to login until you have activated your retail key. A quick note on the attached thread: The grace period for the US will know be ending on Feb 8th, 2010 at 11:59pm PST. Cheers, Cryptic Studios
Just after i explained i had a lifetime, gave them a copy from my billing at play.com and that i will have the box with the code in 2-3 days as it was sent friday and delivery is 3-5 open days. I was just asking keeping my access for 3 days more until i got my box. But That's a NO ! so i will keep playing until my free month is out and then Bye bye no more money from me cryptic.