Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataenelas View Post
That can't be right.

If so, that would mean Engineers & Science officers each get one skill they can train their Bridge Officers to III while Tactical Officers get 5 ?

Engineering / Technician train Engineering Team III.
Science / Scientist train Science Team III

and

Tactical / Starship Beam Weapons train Fire at will III
Tactical / Starship Cannon Weapons train Rapid Fire III
Tactical / Starship Mines train Dispersal Pattern Alpha III
Tactical / Starship Torpedo Weapons train High Yield III
Tactical / Security train Tactical Team III

The Starship abilities (which the OP is asking about) are probably trainable to non-Tactical captains in some way other than getting friends to train them for you...
As Taeyan said, this argument is faulty and incorrect.

Original information was correct: you must be of the same profession as the BO you are trying to train. No, you cannot trade BOs to have them trained by another captain and returned to you. Yes, you can find a rare BO to train your BO in a tier III skill. No, you're not going to be able to use it unless you have a LtC or Cmd station on your ship. No, a specific kind of ship will NOT HAVE a LtC or Cmd station of the two off classes, i.e. a science ship will never have LtC or Cmd stations for tac or engineering.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 08:43 PM
and how many of each can you use in a best case scenerio? I think 1 at a time right?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo0829 View Post
and how many of each can you use in a best case scenerio? I think 1 at a time right?
What? Of tier III skills? 3.

If you're in, say, a science vessel, you can use a LtC tier III, Cmd tier III, and another LtC tier III
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMHC
As Taeyan said, this argument is faulty and incorrect.

Original information was correct: you must be of the same profession as the BO you are trying to train. No, you cannot trade BOs to have them trained by another captain and returned to you. Yes, you can find a rare BO to train your BO in a tier III skill. No, you're not going to be able to use it unless you have a LtC or Cmd station on your ship. No, a specific kind of ship will NOT HAVE a LtC or Cmd station of the two off classes, i.e. a science ship will never have LtC or Cmd stations for tac or engineering.
Officious reply.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Are level 3 skills actually better than level 1 skills, or do they just occupy a different slot? I.e. is Science Team IIII more effective than Science Team I?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2010, 08:22 PM
II and III versions are better than I, and also take up higher rank slots, but what improves varies depending on the ability.

For example, abilities like Tractor Beam (only increases kinetic damage, laughable) and Jam Sensors (3 seconds longer base duration at II compared to I) are nearly the same in effectiveness at I as they are at III.

On the other hand, other abilities are so much more effective at higher ranks that the lower ranks are almost useless. Tyken's Rift is a good example of this.

You just have to compare them for yourself until someone writes out a list of the effectiveness of every ability at every rank.

I will say that Science Team III is well worth it and much better than Science Team I though. Bigger shield heal, better resists.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeyan
II and III versions are better than I, and also take up higher rank slots, but what improves varies depending on the ability.

For example, abilities like Tractor Beam (only increases kinetic damage, laughable) and Jam Sensors (3 seconds longer base duration at II compared to I) are nearly the same in effectiveness at I as they are at III.

On the other hand, other abilities are so much more effective at higher ranks that the lower ranks are almost useless. Tyken's Rift is a good example of this.

You just have to compare them for yourself until someone writes out a list of the effectiveness of every ability at every rank.

I will say that Science Team III is well worth it and much better than Science Team I though. Bigger shield heal, better resists.
On that note - how does one obtain Tyken's Rift III? I do not see it among the "Train the skill to 9 so you can teach it" abilities, nor is it on BO power trainer.

I saw another thread somewhere that stated [Rare BO only] or some such...is that the only way to get it? Hope to find a Blue [rare] Science BO that has it and have him train your current officer or have him join the crew?

I want to know about the ability because I absolutely love T.Rift II - energy drain is, in fact, secondary in that. The primary reason why I love it is that people freak out and try to get away - understandably so....that breaks down Klingon assist trains and Fed-balls both...it's fantastic...

So, help me out here - how do you get it?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-18-2010, 07:11 PM
How do you upgrade the staions lvl . For instance on my ship theres only 1 lieutenant station and all the rest are ensigns. I cant utilize the skills of my toons even though their skill lvl is higher than the station they are working on.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str3tchy View Post
How do you upgrade the staions lvl . For instance on my ship theres only 1 lieutenant station and all the rest are ensigns. I cant utilize the skills of my toons even though their skill lvl is higher than the station they are working on.
At LtCmdr you will only have one Lt Bridge console. When you reach CMDR you will have more Lieutenant Consolse and one LtCmdr console. At Captain you will have more LtCmdr consoles and 1 Cmdr console. Etc, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
At LtCmdr you will only have one Lt Bridge console. When you reach CMDR you will have more Lieutenant Consolse and one LtCmdr console. At Captain you will have more LtCmdr consoles and 1 Cmdr console. Etc, etc.
Thanks for the Quick Response.....