Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Please try not to abuse a word like troll and feedback just because you think you know what it means, and a lot of you are using it like its a bad word.

look at the meanings and before you tell some one he is a troll, or that is not feedback. make sure you know what your saying because 90% of the time the one who is calling people troll, and saying that is not feedback, are the ones who sound like the kid. Just a FYI

Also this will help you to pick out the real trolls on these forums.

Quote:
troll

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.


Quote:
feed⋅back
a reaction or response to a particular process or activity: He got very little feedback from his speech.
4. evaluative information derived from such a reaction or response: to study the feedback from an audience survey.
5. Psychology. knowledge of the results of any behavior, considered as influencing or modifying further performance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post
Please try not to abuse a word like troll and feedback just because you think you know what it means, and a lot of you are using it like its a bad word.

look at the meanings and before you tell some one he is a troll, or that is not feedback. make sure you know what your saying because 90% of the time the one who is calling people troll, and saying that is not feedback, are the ones who sound like the kid. Just a FYI
The problem is, all the game fanbois want to hear is positive feedback. When things are negative, even if it is constructive or done in a frustrated manner, they get on their high horses and yada yada yada troll.

I personally would love to see cryptic ANSWERING this feedback with an official post. Sadly, like so many other game companies, they won't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jardail
The problem is, all the game fanbois want to hear is positive feedback. When things are negative, even if it is constructive or done in a frustrated manner, they get on their high horses and yada yada yada troll.

I personally would love to see cryptic ANSWERING this feedback with an official post. Sadly, like so many other game companies, they won't.
again the ones who are doing what you say, are the real trolls. that is my point
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post
Please try not to abuse a word like troll and feedback just because you think you know what it means, and a lot of you are using it like its a bad word.

look at the meanings and before you tell some one he is a troll, or that is not feedback. make sure you know what your saying because 90% of the time the one who is calling people troll, and saying that is not feedback, are the ones who sound like the kid. Just a FYI

Also this will help you to pick out the real trolls on these forums.
/QFE most people on this forum have no real clue that either is good post +1
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jardail
The problem is, all the game fanbois want to hear is positive feedback. When things are negative, even if it is constructive or done in a frustrated manner, they get on their high horses and yada yada yada troll.

I personally would love to see cryptic ANSWERING this feedback with an official post. Sadly, like so many other game companies, they won't.
Yep. Pretty much the only time I respond to a senior member who signed up before January is to prove them wrong because the smart ones left the game, and the ones still posting are the "Don't worry it's beta" crowd.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-08-2010, 11:21 AM
edited out because I miss read your words.... you said Before jan, I was going to say.. well your a Jan 2010 Senior Member
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jardail
When things are negative, even if it is constructive or done in a frustrated manner, they get on their high horses and yada yada yada troll.
People respond to tone. This is basic interpersonal communications theory.

If you speak in a negative or frustrated way you will put people on the defensive. This is exactly why trolls do this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
That is the definition of a troll?

I thought it was a strange green thing with bad hygiene that lived under a bridge...i guess i need to change my SIG.

But agreed to the guy who said most of the smart senior members have left, there are still a few left but they are few and far between

/cry4flatfingers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post
edited out because I miss read your words.... you said Before jan, I was going to say.. well your a Jan 2010 Senior Member
No worries my friend. The truth stops many in their tracks. As long as we all continue to grow and learn, this will be a better place.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox of the house of Vox
That is the definition of a troll?

I thought it was a strange green thing with bad hygiene that lived under a bridge...
It's not like you got VoX correct either.....

Attachment 3482
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:47 AM.