Lt. Commander
# 41
02-10-2010, 04:18 AM
You play STO Friday nights, and pen & paper RPGs (currently D&D) Saturday nights...like me
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailsgalore View Post
You might be a geek if you have two extremely cute girls laying in your bed and instead of joining them you are playing Star Trek Online. haha true story, they were watching me blow up Klingons!
If they were "willing" then that is not geekiness on your part, it is just plain insanity :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyHawk
You play STO Friday nights, and pen & paper RPGs (currently D&D) Saturday nights...like me
i used to do something like that, then the pen and paper group broke up and i have not found a replacement group to game with
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-10-2010, 06:09 PM
You wear a "Chaotic Good" T-shirt to the gym.

and you're girlfriend is sporting a "Lawful Neutral" one right next to you
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-10-2010, 06:22 PM
When you have 8 different medeival weapons, as well as a roman legionary helm, crusader helm and shield on your walls...and the EQ original plastic elf figurine on a corner shelf ><
I have a few of the original transformers and a talking star wars clock from the 70's but that stuff is in a closet.

Also, when you are using your 56" tv for a monitor, w/ a 32" below it for cable.

...aaaaand you still have a stack of #1-3 issues of random comics you bought in the late 80's-early 90's thinking they would be worth something ><

Nerd, Geek, w/e
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Your desk is full of Amy Brown sculptures, a dragon holding a letter opener designed to look like excalibur, a combadge, and a statue of a skeleton passed out in front of a computer.

Your music folder contains more than one video game soundtrack, and a bunch of chiptunes.

Your bookshelf is full of Harry Turtledove, Warhammer 40k, Harry Potter, Warhammer Fantasy, and various comics.

You wore a towel on Towel Day.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-10-2010, 07:02 PM
I never did get into the pen and paper dnd thing, but three friends and I would play Genghis Khan on the old nes (turn based strategy) from 6pm to sometime /yawn the next day. I recently purchased that game on ebay, now I just need an old nes .. ><
But I'm older now, don't think I could make it into the next afternoon these days lol.

edit: for the guy above, I also have all of the old dragonlance books, original cover art n all. Most of the forgotten realms as well. I also have Piers Anthony's incarnations series, some of his xanth books, and other sci fi nerd fare.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotmagnet
If they were "willing" then that is not geekiness on your part, it is just plain insanity :p(
Well then I am insane lol
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-10-2010, 08:02 PM
You might be a geek if...

RPG doesn't mean Rocket-Propelled Grenade to you.

You treat your girlfriend with a LOT of respect.

When asked what you did on the weekend you answer "Playstation" (or similar console)
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwasher View Post
You might be a geek if...

RPG doesn't mean Rocket-Propelled Grenade to you.
You might be a geek if RPG runs together in your head as;

"Rocket propelled game"

"Role playing grenade"

"Rocket playing game"

or some freakish amalgam therein,

You may also be a geek if you use the words amalgam or therein.
Lt. Commander
# 50 You Might Be a Geek if....
02-10-2010, 08:32 PM
You might be a Geek If....

Your Childhood Heroes are Listed as Following:

1. James Tiberius Kirk
2. Spock
3. Captain Planet
4.Macguyver (because well....he is macguyver i mean C'MON he can take a battery and a paperclip and use them to save the world, Cure AIDS, And maintain his Sexy Mullet all within the time span of a Half Hour.)
5. Last and not by any means the Least.... Gary Gygax

Honorable Mention to Orson Scott Card , for whom i owe my namesake to.