Lt. Commander
# 1 Awake/Asleep World Records
02-08-2010, 03:26 AM
Ok so I wanna know some things.

A fun little thing.

What is the longest time that you have ever been awake and why.

What is the Longest amount of time have you slept.

And what the reason was for that length. *if any*

(new)

Shortest time awake

Shortest time asleep

I was awake for 108 hours stright and then slept for 115 hours stright.
Shorest time awake was 12 minutes (fell asleep with face in my pasta)
Shortest time asleep was 24 minutes. (Swear it was no more then 8 hours)

This was due to a really nasty cold.

Ok go.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 03:33 AM
The longest I have been awake, was for 22 hours straight. I was playing Oblivion at that time.

The longest I have been asleep, was for 13 hours. I didn't feel like getting out of bed. And it was cold out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 03:41 AM
I had to edit the post just so I can fgure out what the shortest time you sleep for really is. As well as awake
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Longest time awake was probably while I was in retail - got stuck with a 7am delivery after finishing at 11pm the night before. So i didn't bother sleeping the night before, leading to a total of about 39 hours awake. Longest time asleep would be about 12 hours. I can't sleep longer than that even if I'm so tired I feel like dying!

As for the shortest I'm not sure, but I've been woken up by an explosion before. That was probably the shortest as I'd only just put my head down. Maybe 30 minutes or so? Awake? I regularly wake up long enough to turn off my alarm then go straight back to sleep, so about 2-3 minutes at most
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
Longest time awake was probably while I was in retail - got stuck with a 7am delivery after finishing at 11pm the night before. So i didn't bother sleeping the night before, leading to a total of about 39 hours awake. Longest time asleep would be about 12 hours. I can't sleep longer than that even if I'm so tired I feel like dying!

As for the shortest I'm not sure, but I've been woken up by an explosion before. That was probably the shortest as I'd only just put my head down. Maybe 30 minutes or so? Awake? I regularly wake up long enough to turn off my alarm then go straight back to sleep, so about 2-3 minutes at most
An explosion! Hope no one was hurt.

I haven't touched an alarm clock in the last 8 years. Last time I had one and it went off...Lets just say It was the last buzz it was ever gonna do.

Tossed that thing right through my bedroom window where it went and crashed into the garbage truck. Perfect aim to considering I was still asleep. I know this cause they knocked on my door to make sure I was ok.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 04:04 AM
It was the explosion of the Bunsfield oil depot outside Hemel Hempstead in England. We felt it about 10 miles away. Pretty scary stuff tbh, was the middle of the night and we could see the glow on the horizon. Totally surreal, I was half asleep and though war had broken out or a terrorist bomb had gone off somewhere. My dad guessed right away what had happened though. Very odd now I think of it....
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Longest time awake was 72 hours. My dad and I had a bet that I couldn't stay awake the entire weekend like he had to do during boot camp. I won, and got a new game out of the deal.

Longest time asleep was about 48 hours. Had a really bad flu, there where a few times I got up to go to the bathroom (and constantly blacked out on my way there and on my way back), but I was never really "awake" during those periods.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 04:12 AM
I need to look that one up now. If anyone has a link to it please post. Sounds like it was awsome but scary as hell. Something I'd like to have seen. <<<Big fan of things like this>>>

Also More people need to tell their long/shortest time frames
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Longest time awake was probably ~72 hours, multiple times. My family has a reunion every year and when we were all kids all the cousins would stay up for the whole thing. Weird part was that we were really active during the days.

Longest time asleep was, again about 72 hours when I had chicken pox. Apparently i was running a fever for almost two days straight. I'd like to think if my kid was uncon for three days and running a fever I'd take him to the hospital... But I got better so I guess everythign turned out alright.

Shortest time asleep/awake? I regularly get hypagognic jerks, so shortest time asleep is in terms of seconds. Time awake is probably however long it takes to hit the snooze.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 09:29 AM
I gave up sleep deprevation as a hobby some time ago, I'm working on sleep erradication now! Just kiddin - but some nights feel like that.

Longest time awake? (46-48 hours)Possibly when I did the 'Lyke Wake Walk'. Had a nap on afternoon before walk but had not slept on night before 'walk', went to work, met group at around 1600 ish having been awake about 22 hours already to go to walk start. Walked the 40 odd (more like 60) miles of that 'walk' In about 24 hours - I remember this because I helped the 'stragglers' out and just made the end in the alloted 24 hours. Fell to sleep in car going home. So that was about 46 to 48 hours. I was a lot fitter and younger then though.

Longest time asleep? (maybe 3 days) I spent a week in bed once during to illness and have been told I was completely 'out' for three days solid, I do not remember much about it though as it was a long time ago.

Shortest time awake? Probably about five to ten minutes regularly every night - I never have been a 'heavy sleeper'.

Shortest (and most embarrising) time asleep? (About a minute) Had been working one day from about 0600 and finnished around 1800. A friend asked me if I would like to go to the city to help him represent a group we where in as another person was ill and could not make it. I said I would and asked when it was planned. He said "How long will it take you to wash and change?". Long story short, I got no sleep on coach to London (about 300+ miles), went to conference and fell to sleep for about a minute - complete with snoring! Was awakened by a sharp elbow in the ribs!