Lt. Commander
I've been through a launch or two and my expierence is that for the first 3 or so weeks there are patches, fixes and updates every couple of days if not daily.

We had one patch last week that tweaked a few items but thats it in about 2 weeks. Not even a big patch at Headstart.

Does this seem normal or strange to others? I know many out there are waiting to see a difference before the end of the end of the month (ie billing cycle). Appears kind of stagnant for me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
I've been through a launch or two and my expierence is that for the first 3 or so weeks there are patches, fixes and updates every couple of days if not daily.

We had one patch last week that tweaked a few items but thats it in about 2 weeks. Not even a big patch at Headstart.

Does this seem normal or strange to others? I know many out there are waiting to see a difference before the end of the end of the month (ie billing cycle). Appears kind of stagnant for me.
My guess is they'll be coming tuesday or wednesday.

The game only launched last week and we can't assume that all of the staff worked through the weekend (how dare they ), so I'm guessing they are having their meetings today to round up which bugs they've gotten taken care of and are running it through their internal test and software version control groups. That takes time, so my guess is in a day or two we'll probably see a patch full of bug fixes.

Some upcoming release notes would be nice to see though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Right, you're complaining about the lack of patches now, but when they are patching once a week everyone will be flinging crap around about too much downtime
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Hmmm...seems my game is installing patches every time I boot up. It never takes very long (between 15 seconds and a minute for the longest), but I'm seeing the "PATCH" message each and every time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I notice that too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal_Morgan
Hmmm...seems my game is installing patches every time I boot up. It never takes very long (between 15 seconds and a minute for the longest), but I'm seeing the "PATCH" message each and every time.
No patch notes and I notice nothing different when logging in or any new content, so they must be attempts at service/game optimization.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
They issued game play patches on the 5th and the 7th and everything else has been optimisations. I assume they are either holding it back for the big content patch or are too busy working on load issues.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
You are of course assuming they are actually doing bug fixes. Cryptic has gotten the reputation of not fixing the small bugs and only working on the large ones.

Take CO right now they are working on "Balancing" the power sets. Stuff which should have been addressed far earlier then now. Most likely the Devs on that game were pulled to rush this one out the door. Small things like Perks in CO have only been briefly touched in patches. Heck there are two Exploration Perks where they only need to get a single click-able object to work in each. Yet they both have been broken since launch.

Now here in STO they haven't been bothered to turn on Accolades. Those were turned on and working in CB but then they were turned off for OB. Yet it has been apparently forgotten here now that the game has Officially launched.

Here's another example Cruisers. Just about the whole Cruiser playing community is ****ed off about how Cryptic has handled that mess it doesn't bode well for useful updates other then attempts to fix the lag bug.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post

Huh? The game's been out (incluiding headstart) 10 days - over the headstart weekend we had a patch, and have had 3 patches since launch - the server had one REALLY bad day, (last Friday); and mostly it's been quite stable. Seriously, what do you expect is a week since, now that they're Live, they can't just patch without testing?

Would you be happier if the server was crashing continuously, and they we're doing 'hotfix' patches? Sheesh. I've heard of impatience, but wow.

I swear, they patch and we have an explosion of threads about downtime. The do 3 patches in the first week, but somehow the game is 'stagnant' - sorry, I just don't get it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
There have been numerous patches...

Just no patch notes to know what was patched...

Personally, I am finding more bugs in early live, than I was finding at the end of open beta..heh

All that aside, I wish they'd talk more...patch-notes, problem acknowledgments... on some issues they should politely be telling people to shove it... They need a presence...even Sony is better than them at it...yikes....

No one knows a thing about what's coming in any way except "Raidasodes" to quell the power levelers who are already two weeks into admiralty, and that damn near anything new is going to cost us all more money...whatever it is.....