Lt. Commander
I was quite intrigued back in open beta when I saw that "Betazoid" was a playable race in the character creation menu. Troi is hot, and as a race they can read people's minds. So I figured playing a psychic character would be pretty neat.

So my first and main character is a Betazoid male named "Rwalph". (Apparently you can't have a Betazoid just named "Ralph.) At first I couldn't really tell what effects playing as a mind-reading Betazoid would make. Then I hit ground PVP. You expose LIKE A MAD MAX ROBOTIC EXPOSING MACHINE DEVELOPED IN A SECRET LAB.

I <3 my Betazoid.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Nope. Human here, you alien freak, get off our planet until we have a reached an age where we are enlightened enough to not be prejudiced against aliens. I mean we don't even like human aliens, and they at least evolved from the same monkeys we did.

Oh wait, in game? Joined Trill. My main meatball is a Joined Trill.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
How is that symbiotic relationship working out?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
How is that symbiotic relationship working out?
Totally one way. I do all the work and all he does is eat Doritos and yell at the rabbit. And complain 'Well my previous hostess did it this way...".

Mutually beneficial my *****.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I do all the work and all he does is eat Doritos and yell at the rabbit. "
Wait.... how is a bunny involved in all of this?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
Wait.... how is a bunny involved in all of this?
How wouldn't a bunny be involved in this? That is like asking 'Why do you have a flamethrower?' I just assumed it was a given.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 03:21 PM
In light of me reaching Exploration Cruisers and not wanting to put up with it, I decided that my rather gorgeous-looking Betazoid female science officer was due to get her own command.

Barring the very similar storyline she's bound to share with my first engineering captain, I rather like her so far. I'm obviously going for Science ships this time around.

I've a great fondness for the split beam phaser rifle, but now that you mention it I remember making a pretty good duo with a friend's tactical officer in the tutorial. I was phasering Borgs on stun and they seemed to become exposed easily. That, and gravimetric shift. I found it pleasantly effective, but mayeb being Betazoid has something to do with it now that you mention it.

Perhaps I'll change my previous tactic. I was giving my crew expose weapon and using the split beam exploit weapon on my captain character. Perhaps the reverse will be more worth it this time around.
Lt. Commander
And now for something completely different: Llamas.

Zoberraz: I'd highly suggest getting the highest MK sniper rifle you can on your Betazoid. Betazoids+RifleButt=Lots of Vaporized aliens.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 09:25 PM
My first officer is human / betazoid mix.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
My main is a female Betazoid Tactical Officer. She is based on an NPC that I have introduced in several Star Trek RPGs and that I quite enjoyed playing.