Lt. Commander
How do you tell what Zone you are in? Especially when I am grouped and all the group members get thrown into random zones when we enter a region.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
you mean instance? If so, press M, and select change instance. I do believe that the first listed instance is the one you are currently in
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
you mean instance? If so, press M, and select change instance. I do believe that the first listed instance is the one you are currently in
No this does not work. The first listed one will chnage about every 25 seconds.

I can't believe grouping here is such a pain to do. How hard can it be to make sure everyone in your team stays in the same zone...

You think they would have figured this out by now
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 04:36 PM
/zone what number is by my name

wait for random person to tell you
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhysling
No this does not work. The first listed one will chnage about every 25 seconds.

I can't believe grouping here is such a pain to do. How hard can it be to make sure everyone in your team stays in the same zone...

You think they would have figured this out by now
it should group you in the same instance if you are in a party. I've never had a problem with this. If you do, bug it
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
it should group you in the same instance if you are in a party. I've never had a problem with this. If you do, bug it
Do you group alot? I don't mean the 'auto groups' you get when you warp in. I mean when I see a friend online and I invite him to a group.

How to know what zone he is in? Sometimes I get lucky and warp into the correct zone. Most times not. And then if we go to Warp Space we might end up in different zones.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhysling
Do you group alot? I don't mean the 'auto groups' you get when you warp in. I mean when I see a friend online and I invite him to a group.

How to know what zone he is in? Sometimes I get lucky and warp into the correct zone. Most times not. And then if we go to Warp Space we might end up in different zones.
If they're on your team, roll over the part of their team portrain that has their location. It'll tell you the zone number they're in as well.

As for your own zone....I have no idea, and I would love to know.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargic
If they're on your team, roll over the part of their team portrain that has their location. It'll tell you the zone number they're in as well.

As for your own zone....I have no idea, and I would love to know.
aye. And in the group icons on the UI, below their name it says the zone (atlease for me). Also if you press m and go to change instance if your group member is in an instance i will say so under the instance number. This is what it does for me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks, I will try that out.