Lt. Commander
# 1 an odd but cool thing
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I am just coming off of champions on line a game by cryptic and noted that my friends list stayed with me form that game, not only that but I could whisper my farads who or stall playing champions even though I am playing Star trek now... so how cool is that?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 05:21 PM
that is pretty cool, also you can whisper klingon players from federation character. Yet another cool and innovative step made by cryptic in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 08:06 PM
any more lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Heck, the same custom chat channels work in both games. My CO channels carried over to STO beta and retail. I can see how many members the channel has, how many are online, all that good stuff.

Haven't tried cross communicating yet because I'm too lazy (I turned the channels off in STO to prevent any possible distractions and the urge to break the NDA in beta), but I can tell at a glance how many folks are online in CO by checking my custom channel settings.

I just find it rather odd... it means for some reason the chat server for two different games are at least partially linked.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 02:08 AM
ya it a little thing in part I am wonding if they made it that way or it more like a bug... I hoping they made it that way but I did not hear anything about it befor the game came out
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 02:12 AM
When I first checked my mailbox I saw I still had some items sent to myself from CO. They showed up as STO items (shields, mainly). Too bad I couldn't withdraw them, they were pretty good
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Pretty sure it was made that way, which is why your forum handle is linked to your account. Because its all universal for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikai
Heck, the same custom chat channels work in both games. My CO channels carried over to STO beta and retail. I can see how many members the channel has, how many are online, all that good stuff.

Haven't tried cross communicating yet because I'm too lazy (I turned the channels off in STO to prevent any possible distractions and the urge to break the NDA in beta), but I can tell at a glance how many folks are online in CO by checking my custom channel settings.

I just find it rather odd... it means for some reason the chat server for two different games are at least partially linked.
All communication is cross game.
Well minus items you send in mails. :p

And it is not a new thing either. in SOE games you can send tells to people in other games... It's just very cumbersome with things like /tell chilastra.SWG.something something "name" Hi.
Lt. Commander
# 9
It was probably a design oversight that they will call a feature since they copy and pasted everything from champions online when they made this game.

Thats where all the pink phasers and such came from, all the champions online consoles commands were stillin STO and caused rather unusual effects rofl.

This is what happens when you get a cheap company like cryptic to make games, they just cookie cutter copy/paste everything then fill in the gaps.

The whole "talk to people in champions online" was hilarious in closed beta, you know, when there was a NDA in effect, because people in champions online could see when you were online and get all kinds of STO game information out of it. They prettymuch ruined their own NDA there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
It was probably a design oversight that they will call a feature since they copy and pasted everything from champions online when they made this game.

Thats where all the pink phasers and such came from, all the champions online consoles commands were stillin STO and caused rather unusual effects rofl.

This is what happens when you get a cheap company like cryptic to make games, they just cookie cutter copy/paste everything then fill in the gaps.

The whole "talk to people in champions online" was hilarious in closed beta, you know, when there was a NDA in effect, because people in champions online could see when you were online and get all kinds of STO game information out of it. They prettymuch ruined their own NDA there.
They would have had to specifically connect the servers and have protocols in place between the 2 programs so that they can pass information between each other. How could that possibly be an oversight?