Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2010, 09:01 PM
hahaha...

THe 1 million accounts arent actual ingame retail subscriptions but forum subscriptions which include closed and open beta accounts which costs nothing and arent active post launch.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suron
hahaha...

THe 1 million accounts arent actual ingame retail subscriptions but forum subscriptions which include closed and open beta accounts which costs nothing and arent active post launch.
Does it even matter? People will take references from websites left and right just to prove a point... it's been done to say the game sucks; it's been done to say the game rocks... this constant fight between fans and haters is getting tiring. Why can't people just play the game if they like it; until they stop liking it. Or not play it and move onto something else if they dont like the game.

It's just ridiculous to try to win an argument over the internet about a game. There are more important things in the world that would need as much energy and passion...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
hahaha...

Where did you get that? I dont see it either in the article or the article that links to it.

IF true you do realize how sad this is right?
This truely means that it no longer matters what state your game is in when it is released. You could release the most buggy unfinished POS game ever (battlecruiser millenium - generally this game is accepted to have this title) and still hit a million accounts as long as you have a strong IP to back you up
This ISNT a good thing for the gaming industry as a whole imo
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
still hit a million accounts as long as you have a strong IP to back you up
This ISNT a good thing for the gaming industry as a whole imo
Sometimes it's not the IP that will bring millions... just the company name. Blizzard has blind followers all over the world.

What's bad for the gaming industry... is that most people are too dumb or lazy to actually work through a steep learning curve; and want to have everything given to them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Guess what.

I even have an account with Black Prophecy, although the game hasn't beetn released yet.

So nobody knows, how many of the "1 million accounts" are actually playing.

And even there I guess there will be a sharp decline, because of the "quality" of this game, quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
hahaha...

you mean like the 15 billion accounts wow claims to have ?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2010, 10:56 PM
The fact that there are server queues in the thousands proves that this game is more popular than cryptic expected. Maybe, just maybe, they'll release some quality end game content.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelraccoon View Post
1 Million plus subscribers??? I don't see it.... and why would MMORPG.com just up and email you that info???

I would have to see it to believe it.
They are counting every single sale of a game copy as a sub, even thought the first month is free with the game and doesnt really count. WE shall see what the churn rate is in a month. Three months for most accurate figures I reckon
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoOverdose View Post
The fact that there are server queues in the thousands proves that this game is more popular than cryptic expected. Maybe, just maybe, they'll release some quality end game content.
so you're saying that the servers are built for around 998,000 players and its just the last 2000 that get queued? 2000 players is chicken scratch a mmo, if they cant build a game to support an extra 2k players then we're all in trouble. but anyway, i seriously doubt that they will even improve the capacity.. why you ask? there will be no queue in 3 weeks
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
so you're saying that the servers are built for around 998,000 players and its just the last 2000 that get queued? 2000 players is chicken scratch a mmo, if they cant build a game to support an extra 2k players then we're all in trouble. but anyway, i seriously doubt that they will even improve the capacity.. why you ask? there will be no queue in 3 weeks
Mmmh you're aware that 1) humans sleep sometime; 2) when one side of the planet is playing; the other is probably asleep. 3) not all those account will even try to connect simultaneously

So even if there's one million accounts; ... only about half that amount would be playing. As for 2000 players being chicken scratch for a mmo; it's true if you consider a multi server environment. But here we have a single server environment; with apparently only one login server... so even if there are only 20 people in the game; you might still be blocked at the login queue because too many people are hammering it simultaneously.