Lt. Commander
# 1 Tricobalts
02-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Has anyone found these? I know of nowhere to buy these but one of my fleetmates just made admiral and we're trying to find him some.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantivirus View Post
Has anyone found these? I know of nowhere to buy these but one of my fleetmates just made admiral and we're trying to find him some.
I don't think these are available yet, unless they are a rare drop from a mob somewhere. My guess is they'll be in with the Borg content added soon, or they were intended for us to get somewhere around level 45-50, before they change the level cap.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 12:36 AM
I guess they are a drop. I talked to one Admiral who used what I thought were tricobalts.

Antipolaron weapons are prolly drops like the tricobalts?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 12:45 AM
I was just about to make a thread on this (tricobolt btw) because i've wanted to use them since I saw the skill tree and threw points into it to get it to nine. I haven't seen a single one yet, even quantums (my other projectile trained to nine) are rare at Admiral. I saw one or two on the exchange for over 1m earlier but I don't have that sort of cash, I only have about 150k. I'm not sure what I'm doing differently than others but at the current maximum rank at level 45 I only have around 150k to spend. I did have 550k at one point but the stupid prices on the exchange meant trying to equip my new ship took most of that for only a few weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
I was just about to make a thread on this (tricobolt btw) because i've wanted to use them since I saw the skill tree and threw points into it to get it to nine. I haven't seen a single one yet, even quantums (my other projectile trained to nine) are rare at Admiral. I saw one or two on the exchange for over 1m earlier but I don't have that sort of cash, I only have about 150k. I'm not sure what I'm doing differently than others but at the current maximum rank at level 45 I only have around 150k to spend. I did have 550k at one point but the stupid prices on the exchange meant trying to equip my new ship took most of that for only a few weapons.
From what I learned from CB/OB, I stopped buying stuff from the exchange. Just about all the equipment that I use is from exploration badge purchases. I still cruise the exchange for rock bottom prices on certain items after posting items for sale. Now at Cpt.6 I just past a million creds.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 05:54 AM
I just found my first mk VIII tricobalt launcher last night, doing PvE, it was a random drop on a mission. I haven't put anything into that tree, so they do about 1/3 the damage as my steroided-photon launchers, I'll probably end up selling on AE.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Those are probably Transphasics. Tricobalt isn't in yet and if it was it wouldn't drop at Mk VIII.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynthe
I don't think these are available yet, unless they are a rare drop from a mob somewhere. My guess is they'll be in with the Borg content added soon, or they were intended for us to get somewhere around level 45-50, before they change the level cap.
Not even all of the weapons advertised in the damn skill tree are available yet? This is ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Im just curious as to why you would spec into tricobalt? When you fire a tricobalt topedo it puts all other tricobalt torpedoes on a 30 second cooldown. I dont believe they do that much more damage then a quantum torpedo, but what they have is a chance to shut down enemy subsystems. At least thats how I have been told they work.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz609
Im just curious as to why you would spec into tricobalt? When you fire a tricobalt topedo it puts all other tricobalt torpedoes on a 30 second cooldown. I dont believe they do that much more damage then a quantum torpedo, but what they have is a chance to shut down enemy subsystems. At least thats how I have been told they work.
Dude... Quantums hit about 4k, Tricobalts hit about 25k AOE and servely damage your ship in the explosion...