Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Tricobalts
02-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Has anyone found these? I know of nowhere to buy these but one of my fleetmates just made admiral and we're trying to find him some.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantivirus View Post
Has anyone found these? I know of nowhere to buy these but one of my fleetmates just made admiral and we're trying to find him some.
I don't think these are available yet, unless they are a rare drop from a mob somewhere. My guess is they'll be in with the Borg content added soon, or they were intended for us to get somewhere around level 45-50, before they change the level cap.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-09-2010, 12:36 AM
I guess they are a drop. I talked to one Admiral who used what I thought were tricobalts.

Antipolaron weapons are prolly drops like the tricobalts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-09-2010, 12:45 AM
I was just about to make a thread on this (tricobolt btw) because i've wanted to use them since I saw the skill tree and threw points into it to get it to nine. I haven't seen a single one yet, even quantums (my other projectile trained to nine) are rare at Admiral. I saw one or two on the exchange for over 1m earlier but I don't have that sort of cash, I only have about 150k. I'm not sure what I'm doing differently than others but at the current maximum rank at level 45 I only have around 150k to spend. I did have 550k at one point but the stupid prices on the exchange meant trying to equip my new ship took most of that for only a few weapons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
I was just about to make a thread on this (tricobolt btw) because i've wanted to use them since I saw the skill tree and threw points into it to get it to nine. I haven't seen a single one yet, even quantums (my other projectile trained to nine) are rare at Admiral. I saw one or two on the exchange for over 1m earlier but I don't have that sort of cash, I only have about 150k. I'm not sure what I'm doing differently than others but at the current maximum rank at level 45 I only have around 150k to spend. I did have 550k at one point but the stupid prices on the exchange meant trying to equip my new ship took most of that for only a few weapons.
From what I learned from CB/OB, I stopped buying stuff from the exchange. Just about all the equipment that I use is from exploration badge purchases. I still cruise the exchange for rock bottom prices on certain items after posting items for sale. Now at Cpt.6 I just past a million creds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-09-2010, 05:54 AM
I just found my first mk VIII tricobalt launcher last night, doing PvE, it was a random drop on a mission. I haven't put anything into that tree, so they do about 1/3 the damage as my steroided-photon launchers, I'll probably end up selling on AE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Those are probably Transphasics. Tricobalt isn't in yet and if it was it wouldn't drop at Mk VIII.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynthe
I don't think these are available yet, unless they are a rare drop from a mob somewhere. My guess is they'll be in with the Borg content added soon, or they were intended for us to get somewhere around level 45-50, before they change the level cap.
Not even all of the weapons advertised in the damn skill tree are available yet? This is ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Im just curious as to why you would spec into tricobalt? When you fire a tricobalt topedo it puts all other tricobalt torpedoes on a 30 second cooldown. I dont believe they do that much more damage then a quantum torpedo, but what they have is a chance to shut down enemy subsystems. At least thats how I have been told they work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz609
Im just curious as to why you would spec into tricobalt? When you fire a tricobalt topedo it puts all other tricobalt torpedoes on a 30 second cooldown. I dont believe they do that much more damage then a quantum torpedo, but what they have is a chance to shut down enemy subsystems. At least thats how I have been told they work.
Dude... Quantums hit about 4k, Tricobalts hit about 25k AOE and servely damage your ship in the explosion...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 PM.