Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
11-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy View Post
this is a "STAR TREK ONLINE" webite and forum....we'd like star trek updates rather than the usual rap u give us like meet the team, one answer to ten questions intervws and screw this dam goat!
NOOOO... Don't screw the goat... I did that once in a AD&D game and the DM killed me off from a very nasty case of VD! I learned that is never a good idea. Oh and what does this have to do with STO again?

Bren
Lt. Commander
coming form blizzard and releasing hellgate: london, which was full of bugs, ugly, un-polished, so un-blizzard-like was a real letdown. bill roper you should go hide in a bush and not touch a game in your life again. what went wrong with hellgate? have you not learned anything from blizzard?

good thing he's destroying champions on-line and not touching STO!

this was my first post ever here. just to show my feelings on the matter.
Lt. Commander
# 33 Oh noes!
11-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah, after playing HellBeta London back in the day, I hope that Bill Roper's joining Cryptic will not negatively influence it's products. STO has alot of potential and I hope that it does not fall victim to all of the other issues that those games faced. The primary one: they were work (grind) oriented, not fun (raids, pvp, group pve) oriented.

MMO's that succeed are awesome because they are fun to play with other people, "guilds" form and folks play on the regular to escape from everyday life in an entertaining venue. Games like HellBeta, and Age of Conan of late were neglected and broken when released. I sincerely hope that STO ends up being fun to play with other people, and does not turn out to be a solo grindfest. Let's hope that Bill Roper will bring what he learned from failure to Cryptic and STO, and not attempt to apply a failed formula to another ailing franchise. (I call Star Trek ailing as far as games are concerned because I play ALOT of games and I love Star Trek, I've played all of the earliest (StarTrek Anniversary to Dominion Wars to ST: Starfleet Command 1,2,3, to Bridge Commander, to Star Trek Legacy) and latest Star Trek games for the platforms I own and most of them would not be fun to a non-trek fan, STO has an opportunity to bridge the gap between a Trekkie only game and awesome game it its own right)

I'll also agree with some of the other posters, this 'filler' news about Champions Online is shenaniganry. If I wanted to play an MMO where I could be a superhero I would play City of Heroes... lol. But, I vote for news updates that apply to STO, like features they're working on and perhaps are thinking about for the game. For example I hope that they incorporate items into the game similar to other RPGS. Like advanced sensor and targetting arrays that get harvested from destroyed ships and such. Let's have some STO gameplay related updates! Give us STO news, that will get us involved in the direction of the gameplay and storyline, and ETA on beta, otherwise, phooey! Anyway, rant done, I wonder if anyone else will read this wall 'o text haha...
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishMaster View Post
Anyway, rant done, I wonder if anyone else will read this wall 'o text haha...
Red the wall o' text and agreed.
Lt. Commander
# 35 Startrek science
11-05-2008, 05:39 PM
-
- Also, startrek universe is a bit more comfortable for most people to evolve in since most of the technologies and physics are what we really know about, compared to fantasy games where anything can be done almost
-
-
-
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenelael View Post
NOOOO... Don't screw the goat... I did that once in a AD&D game and the DM killed me off from a very nasty case of VD! I learned that is never a good idea. Oh and what does this have to do with STO again?

Bren

LOL

i hope he gives some inputs or he stay until STO is finish
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

HG:L broke my heart. Roper was a big part of that. I hope he learned something.
I hope the course for this game will stay true and continue at quantum slip-stream drive speeds (coolest... tech... ever.... )

I've had a lot of hope for this game since I started reading about it here. Don't hurt me again! My heart can only take so much...
Lt. Commander
# 38 Goat?
11-08-2008, 03:42 PM
-
- Now... what's that goat in startrek online?
-
-
-
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Well this new guy has a lot of baggage , most of the recent stuff is just bad .
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I swear to god if I run into a Cow-Race I'm going to sue...or go insane... one or the other. Punitive damages to my mental integrity!