Lt. Commander
# 41
11-10-2008, 01:05 AM
This has nothing to do with STO (at least not yet) it is pointless news or an advertisment. Please only post news relevant to STO.
Lt. Commander
# 42 New staff
11-10-2008, 02:55 AM
-
- Well, you never know, maybe he will ask to be transferred to startrek-online project
-
-
-
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Goodness .. so much negative stuff..

IMHO it sounds like there was a need for someone with expierence in major MMO games in a particular area of expertiese and this gentleman filled the bill. Think about for a minute. He is not a CEO for this particular project but obviously has some technical advise that would be of value to the development of STO.

STO will no doubt need to be a game that is equal to or better than games like WoW or other games that Blizzard has developed. All of use need to understand that in order for that to happen it takes TONS of work in areas that most of us never see. True that we might understand it once explained to use BUT that is a far cry from having a working knowlege of the MANY lines of code needed to make ANY game happen expecially on this scale. Even then there are countless patches needed on a regular basis to keep the game fresh and to correct the bugs that simply are inherit to the gaming business.

IMHO when you hire someone with a background like this (by that I mean not just a run-of-the-mill programmer) there is usually something else BIG in the works. I personally believe this to be a good move on the behalf of STO dev team in taking the necessary steps to getting the product completed in a more timely fashion.

(just my humble $.02 worth.)
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-10-2008, 06:30 AM
well if you think about it logically instead of just reacting and flaming it shows that cryptic is still hiring and growing at a time when many other game companies are laying off or even closing down. So how does it affect STO? well it shows the company isn't planning on stopping production of new games unlike many others at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 45 testing
11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
-
- Yes, and who knows, maybe we will beta test tomorrow or the next
-
-
-
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Please don't let him work on STO.

@OlBuzzard: Roper left Blizzard a long time ago and had nothing to do with WoW or other MMO development. He was leader of Flagshipstudios and developed Hellgate London and omg we all know he made a real bad job. That' s why you can read so much negative stuff here and that' s why noone wants to see him working on STO
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Are you still touching me?
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-15-2008, 01:54 AM
This does not bode well.
Lt. Commander
# 49 Things can be adjusted
11-15-2008, 04:05 AM
-
- Things can be adjusted after a while anyways so why not give him a chance, who knows!
-
-
-
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-16-2008, 06:58 PM
I have to say the response to Bill's new position is a lot more positive and well received here than it was over a the CO forums. I personally am glad Cryptic picked up a veteran like Bill. Welcome on board.