Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
A lot of things need to be fixxed.... A lot of things need to be changed.... A lot of people need to learn how to play, and a lot of people need an ego check. A lot of things need to be added and/or removed... Some things need tweaking. PvP in this game is just as fun as it is frustrating or boring. Screaming that this skill needs a nerf to fix the game is not the answer. But it is helpful under the right circumstances.

The answer lies with the devs making meaningful choices. With a test server and selected testers plucked from the forums and game to actually show the balance and to act as a liason to the gaming community to promote healthy ideas and testing for the developers. We need clear discussion with cryptic on the forums. We need to know that we are not only heard, but understood on both sides of the topic. We need less nerf and more implimentation. We need a more streamlined Klingon faction so more players will take up the reins. We need more information and auto grouping for the pve fed players to assist them into PvP. We deserve to be heard and understood when a product like this; which used almost half of the average mmo development time of those made in the past decade.

You want a good game for the fans, the cash, the glory, the future IP's....

We want this to be a great game. And the following posts on this thread should be an indication of that.

Nearly every post in here is a cry to show ideas and thoughts to make this a better gaming experience for all to enjoy. Every call to nerf something, followed by "no way, learn to play" only reiterates how passionate people are of this game. It is all to easy for this to not only get out of hand and cause mass farewell's of sto players (swg anyone?), all we ask, via the replies from this post is to be heard, understood, and given a real solid way of helping you (the developers) make this a great game!

P.S. I write this with 1 finger on iPhone, so excuse the typo's!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 09:24 PM
You wrote this all with a soft keyboard O.o

You should get a sticky for that reason alone! Also.. good post.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 09:26 PM
great post. the nerf bat talk followed by the l2p response gets us nowhere. maybe live chat sessions with the devs or something along those lines would be benificial. limit it to the guys who really want to see the game succeed and florish. not that everyone doesnt want that, but there are some who log on for an hour a day and dont have a vested intrest in its success.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacti4-6 View Post
great post. the nerf bat talk followed by the l2p response gets us nowhere. maybe live chat sessions with the devs or something along those lines would be benificial. limit it to the guys who really want to see the game succeed and florish. not that everyone doesnt want that, but there are some who log on for an hour a day and dont have a vested intrest in its success.
The l2p responses come only after people get frustrated repeating the solution to an issue OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

While the disingenuous sheep blather on about such and such is baaaaaaa OPd....because they simply can't be BOTHERED to try the solution.

Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 08:07 AM
PotBS kept a tesbed server going for proposed changes, which worked ok, although I'm not sure it was an 'undistorted' source of feedback, since all the players on it were veterans and mostly PvP'ers.

I repeat my assertion that in the long run, abilities need to be split into PvE & PvP versions the way Guild Wars did it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
The l2p responses come only after people get frustrated repeating the solution to an issue OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

While the disingenuous sheep blather on about such and such is baaaaaaa OPd....because they simply can't be BOTHERED to try the solution.

The point here is:

those sheep you talk about are the non-informed/casual player. They are showing their passion for the game by taking the time on the forums to post their ideas. Many of them actually post dignified posts. Many do not, sure. And our frustrated learn to play response is a constant reminder to utilize those skills available before screaming for a nerf. Regardless, it is not our duty to set the mood or culture within the forums. It is the responsibility of the devs to utilize the forums as a compass for their ultimate boss: the customers.

P.s. 90% of my posts are from my damn iPhone... Weeding out the spell check is a pain in the arse.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
The point here is:

those sheep you talk about are the non-informed/casual player. They are showing their passion for the game by taking the time on the forums to post their ideas. Many of them actually post dignified posts. Many do not, sure. And our frustrated learn to play response is a constant reminder to utilize those skills available before screaming for a nerf. Regardless, it is not our duty to set the mood or culture within the forums. It is the responsibility of the devs to utilize the forums as a compass for their ultimate boss: the customers.

P.s. 90% of my posts are from my damn iPhone... Weeding out the spell check is a pain in the arse.
The issue also boils down to people blindly posting on an issue covered adnauseum , and the lack of sense to search on the subject they'd like to address. Hell in some cases you don't even need to search just open the forum and it's all over the forum. There is a small minority the also lobbies and inflames the population , for their entertainment . Not sure why they attempt undermine the game , or if their egos are just that fragile , that unless they constantly wim they aren't happy ?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
Not sure why they attempt undermine the game , or if their egos are just that fragile , that unless they constantly wim they aren't happy ?
i call this a sense of entitlement. many feel they are entitled to easy wins and have an i win button. when that s not the case, que the op threads.