Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi! new to Klingon here. I've been playing fed so far, and having fun. But I decided to try the Klingon out. I have to say, I LOVE the Klingon ships. I went to lieutenant commander, and got my BoP, and that has to be my favorite ship now! not only does it look cool, it is powerful and flexible. Just my kind of ship.

However, then I ran into another problem. PVP is fun so far, no problem there (we tend to win most of the time in space at low levels at least). But I wanted to try something else out. So, thought there may be some fleet actions somewhere.... Hum... nope, no ships flying around sector space to engage. Wow, no one attacks the Klingon? Ok, cool, so maybe something similar to starbase 24?.... hum... nope! not there either. ooook, so I wanted to try a little exploration, but there are no clusters nearby. That's cool, I can fly up to Delta Volanis, and do some random exploration. "You are not authorized to fly into X sector". What? So I cannot even explore? Ok, maybe some patrol mission? Not available. Ok, how about I fly around a bit then. Not even that, I'm limited to a couple of sectors. Damn, I feel trapped!

I really want to give Klingons a try, I love their ships, and like their backstory, but I feel like a caged animal, looking at the great galaxy map that I cannot fly in. Is that the destiny of the Klingon? just a leashed pet? I'll play Klingon a little bit I guess, but I'll stick to my fed for now. Hoping this can change in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 07:36 AM
You can do repetitive "exploration" content (it's the same as secure missions on FED) side.
You should have a quest that sends you into Kahless Expanse, that's your home from lvl5-21 (yes you have to fight -11 ships in the end)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Yes, we always knew that most people would want a Klingon faction with a wide variety of content. Unfortunately Cryptic bought into some fools on IRC's opinion that most Klingons would want just PvP. So here we sit twiddling our thumbs waiting for a real game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
You can do repetitive "exploration" content (it's the same as secure missions on FED) side.
You should have a quest that sends you into Kahless Expanse, that's your home from lvl5-21 (yes you have to fight -11 ships in the end)
That's not what I meant for exploration. I meant the exploration missions you get on feds, the ones that you get to scan 5 anomalies, or sometimes beam down to a base with your BOs to clear it from pirates. Variety. There is nowhere I can use my away team anyway as far as I know. They are only there for ship powers

I'm ok with the feds so far, but once I level fed, I'll want to level my Klingon, and just looking at it, there is not much to do :S

Kudos to the Klingon admirals, it shows a lot of dedication to get there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
Yes, we always knew that most people would want a Klingon faction with a wide variety of content. Unfortunately Cryptic bought into some fools on IRC's opinion that most Klingons would want just PvP. So here we sit twiddling our thumbs waiting for a real game.
Yes, it is a shame. I would not mind if we had access to the same patrol missions the feds have. Heck, they can be a carbon copy for all I care. That would add more variety as well. I understand not having access to the episodes, as they are very fed specific, but the patrol missions are pretty generic. Fleet actions are very generic as well, those could be implemented, and even as carbon copies. Crystalline entity? It could visit the Klingon sectors you know.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Well yeah, you will never see your away team. That's why we currently make fun of the patch-notes, fixing a problem with Klingon away teams.

All you got are PvP queues and the nebulas with the secure missions.

Now you know why Klingons rule in T5, you got >1000 pvp games on your belt then already, knowing your keys and combos in sleep It's burned deeply in your brain
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
Well yeah, you will never see your away team. That's why we currently make fun of the patch-notes, fixing a problem with Klingon away teams.

All you got are PvP queues and the nebulas with the secure missions.

Now you know why Klingons rule in T5, you got >1000 pvp games on your belt then already, knowing your keys and combos in sleep It's burned deeply in your brain
Yeah... I had been playing fed mostly, so was not paying that much attention to the Klingon side. But now that I tried it... Gosh... It really is lacking in some major aspects :S It can be fixed though, at least, carbon copy some content from the feds would help somewhat for now.

I just thought they had everything except episodes. Boy was I wrong
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Do the klingons have no "legendary" stories or archs? I would like to see a Romulan ship up close and personal or possibly take on a Jem'Hadar column to kill a changeling. Content is needed for sure. I've liked the Federation missions so far, going back in time to save people, fighting alongside the Enterprise. Now I want the meat and potatoes from a Klingon angle.

I just want some "story" driven play to make my faction interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
Actually it's that those who were playing Klingon would rather have this than nothing. Not that all we want is PvP, but that we're far happier having this than nothing at all. I, for one, am very happy to have what I have as a Klingon. Yeah, I want a lot more, and this faction is nowhere near complete, but given the option of this or nothing I wholeheartedly support this.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Charette View Post
Actually it's that those who were playing Klingon would rather have this than nothing. Not that all we want is PvP, but that we're far happier having this than nothing at all. I, for one, am very happy to have what I have as a Klingon. Yeah, I want a lot more, and this faction is nowhere near complete, but given the option of this or nothing I wholeheartedly support this.
At this point, and I'm a hardcore Klingon fan, I would have preferred if they had not launched with the faction in. The changes they will have to make to make Klingons a viable alternative are so great that I do not really see it happening. They may well have killed the entire future of the game by cramming an unfinished and poorly thought out Klingon faction into launch.