Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_7even
Yeah, Same thing. I just bought the game in the store and not only do I get that error but I can't launch the game at all. I get "Account Error, Please contact Billing Support"..
Hi all,
I get the same thing & just got the game tonight at Walmart. I used the product registration key... it went in showed I had my 30 days game time... went to sign in to start the game and it came up with the you guessed it... "Account error, please contact billing support" ! I pay for a $50 dollar game to play nothing because a big company rushes to get a game out with allot bugs and a bad billing department and maybe billing softwar as well... who are lacking funds to complete it rite... come on now... that sucks! I read other threads it is not just few it happened to... it is allot! Worst part is there vary slow addressing the problem from what I gather. Can't say for sure but I did hear they are in high need of expanding there servers... maybe it benefits them not addressing this problem so fast so they have the benefit of not having as many on there servers while they need to expand them. Just a thought of another possibility of why they have a slow response to remedy this problem even if it is in the billing department. I in any case have not got to play it yet and hope they resolve this problem soon!
For a big company that's been in this business for awhile... Cryptic is really making some really big Cryptic bloops and blunders... almost to a disaster on a Cryptic scale! LoL
Lt. Commander
# 22 Same problem.
02-08-2010, 11:02 PM
I bought a copy from Wal-Mart, I had no troubles. (Love the game btw)

My friend got the Digital download, he bought a key and the key they sent him is not working.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Somebody needs to reply. Thus far we seem to have been cheated out of $60. Give us a timeline or explanation of some sort or give me my money back.
Lt. Commander
I did read somewhere in one of the threads... they had one guy call up but had to be on hold for 2 hours before he got through and they did temp fix for him and he did get to play the game but still did not get get the billing thing working for him yet they must of had a temp bypass fix. But I just have a cell phone and can't afford to use 2 or more hour of my minutes. Not all of us has the luxury of unlimited minutes. And yes they should refund are money who want it or give us are time that we are losing because of the neglect of waiting longer with less bugs and a better billing department and billing software Etc.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Got basic This key does not activate any known products to my key kind of fun
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Same Problem here. Pre-ordered from Gamestop and key's not working.
Lt. Commander
# 27 Not holding my breath.
02-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I was looking forward to playing the game hope they fix it soon... But have to say Cryptic is giving me a bad first impression! I will hang in there a bit but if they lag to long I will move onto a more stable game with less tension. After all a game is to have fun and be able to use what you pay for ... not just keep pacing around waiting and hoping minute by minute it might be fixed. Oh well I said enough I guess now it will be a waiting game and to decide if it is worth it to stick it out with this company. I wish us all luck and game time soon I hope and some fun action But I'm not going to hold my breath or it could be game over for me with Cryptic LoL
Lt. Commander
# 28 2 issues
02-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Hello everybody. I would also like to toss my hat in by saying my activation key is not working.

I have two issues with this:
1st: (The obvious one) I can't play.
2nd: There are multiple forum threads regarding this issue for a very long time period. The billing department/Cryptic/whomever has not fixed the issue nor made any kind of major announcment (as far as I can tell) informing us as to the situation and eta of resolution. The general message at the key activation page saying that they are experiencing "billing issues" and to try again in 5 -10 min is just making me that much more angry after "trying again" for several hours. A little human interaction regarding the issue is deserved I feel. A forum post or maybe responding to open tickets would be a good step.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Cryptic
02-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Same Prob with the log in just bought the game and wanted to get a start on the patch at least but can't even start to download that with out first activating the key.
Been trying to activate every 5-10 Minutes like the web page says for hours.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH !
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Me and my brother had this problem , its their server that had issues, key does work its just the account server thingiemajigg that isnt working right , to many trying or the server is having issues.

Dont worry STO is about to blow up again, keep getting disconnected now, and extreme load time for every instance.