Lt. Commander
anything else.

Has anyone tried that? I'm wondering if by doing emergency power to Aux then dumping that to say shields or hull if it would give a larger increase over emergency power alone.

I would try it myself but I don't have the officers to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Emergency Power to Aux only increases your aux level by 13-20, depending on your skills (but that for 30seconds)

There is no imminent boost, like emergency power to engine does or ...shields.

That's why the aux to ... skills won't get that big boosts. If many of your skills rely on aux, for example as a science ship, it might be a thought, having 2/3 of the time higher aux power is fine. If you only need it for 1 other skill to boost it better leave it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
Emergency Power to Aux only increases your aux level by 13-20, depending on your skills (but that for 30seconds)

There is no imminent boost, like emergency power to engine does or ...shields.

That's why the aux to ... skills won't get that big boosts. If many of your skills rely on aux, for example as a science ship, it might be a thought, having 2/3 of the time higher aux power is fine. If you only need it for 1 other skill to boost it better leave it.
This guy here is correct.
If you want an instant boost to ( X ) get a battery that boosts it. You'll see a significant instant boost to that power pool.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Ok. I understand that Aux to anything won't give you the same boost as Emergency power but what I'm asking if by doing Emergency power to Aux then doing say Aux to shield or engines do you get a higher boost then using just emergency power to shields or engines.

I'll probably just have to test this myself to find out.

EDIT: Ok I think I really understand you now. The Aux to anything is not a boost but an increase to the power of that system. So even if I tried my idea it would only put my shields or engines at say 125-150 maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zophar_Shinta
EDIT: Ok I think I really understand you now. The Aux to anything is not a boost but an increase to the power of that system. So even if I tried my idea it would only put my shields or engines at say 125-150 maybe.
The cap is 125, no matter what you can't go higher in a system.

And yes it is an increase for 30seconds. The boosts come from batteries (the ones you find from loot and go to your device-slots), they give you +75 for 3 seconds.

I actually tried myself the combo emergency to aux and then auxiliary power to structural integrity field in beta, but like I stated: it doesn't do that much. It increased the effect (by around 20% maybe), but if you take another skill instead of the emergency power to aux you will be much better off.
If you rely on many auxiliary-dependant skills emergency power to auxiliary is worth a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I experimented with the Auxiliary Power to Battery II skill and as far as I can tell the level of Aux had absolutely no impact on the battery created.

I assume that the other Auxiliary to ... skills are affected by Aux power. In particular the Auxiliary to Structural skill description specifically mentions that it is impacted by Aux levels. However, I have not experimented with anything other than the batteries.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
I actually tried myself the combo emergency to aux and then auxiliary power to structural integrity field in beta, but like I stated: it doesn't do that much. It increased the effect (by around 20% maybe), but if you take another skill instead of the emergency power to aux you will be much better off.
Panda, how is the Aux to Structural? Did you find it useful? How does it's hull repair and damage resistance compare to Engineering Team and Hazard Emitters?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejin
Panda, how is the Aux to Structural? Did you find it useful? How does it's hull repair and damage resistance compare to Engineering Team and Hazard Emitters?
I didn't compare it back then with all your mentioned skills and I don't know if numbers changed from back then, but it was not so good as far as I remember. Especially the combo I mentioned took 2 skillslots for a mediocre return.

The skill is only worth it if you run very high aux levels. Because I didn't even do this in my science ship back then (used not aux depending skills) I dropped it real quick.
Give it a thought if you run a science ship with 80+ aux, else take the rest. I especially LOVE hazard emitters.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 12:49 PM
try this, i like it

full power on weps/shields (whatever combo u have for your "attack" settings)

aux battery + emergency power to aux
full impulse

you will drain ur aux power first, then itll pull from the other systems. usually you will get there with ur weapons still charged, ready to drop out and blast em.

serve cold

X
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeex View Post
try this, i like it

full power on weps/shields (whatever combo u have for your "attack" settings)

aux battery + emergency power to aux
full impulse

you will drain ur aux power first, then itll pull from the other systems. usually you will get there with ur weapons still charged, ready to drop out and blast em.

serve cold

X
Or full impulse there and use a weapons battery. saved one skill