Lt. Commander
I've seen a few threads about this, but never really a response on it from Cryptic.

I am at Captain 1, and ever since I left the Sirius sector block, auto joining a team seemed to never work after that. I have pretty much soloed through the game up until this point.

Not a complaint in any sense, my question is merely this:

Was this intended? Or is this a bug? Is it affecting everyone? Or is it isolated to certain players?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 07:44 AM
bump
10char
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 07:47 AM
You can actuslly turn off the feature to automatically join an open instance team. A lot of people do this for various reasons. I personally disagree with it but its my dollar and theirs so they have the right. So if you go in at the saem time 3 others do but they all have autojoin off you will be solo. That is the sad truth of it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 07:51 AM
This is in regards to episodic and patrol missions only. Yes you do have the option to turn it off, but not a single auto team in 25 levels? Not even with 1 person?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castout85 View Post
This is in regards to episodic and patrol missions only. Yes you do have the option to turn it off, but not a single auto team in 25 levels? Not even with 1 person?
Unlucky I would guess because the sirrios sector block has enough new people that you should have autoteamed a few times. I know i did and sometimes although rarely still do. From the regulas sector on its very rare to autoteam a lot of people turn it off because of bad expreiences. I still have it on and will always have it on but to be honest since leaving the sirrious sector have only had one or two groups and never had one for a story arc mission ever.

Best thing to do is find a fleet which is kinda lame but I found its what I had to do. If you are interested send me a Pm I can hook you up with my fleet we seem to have someone on at all hours of the day.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
Unlucky I would guess because the sirrios sector block has enough new people that you should have autoteamed a few times. I know i did and sometimes although rarely still do. From the regulas sector on its very rare to autoteam a lot of people turn it off because of bad expreiences. I still have it on and will always have it on but to be honest since leaving the sirrious sector have only had one or two groups and never had one for a story arc mission ever.

Best thing to do is find a fleet which is kinda lame but I found its what I had to do. If you are interested send me a Pm I can hook you up with my fleet we seem to have someone on at all hours of the day.
Good point.

When you haven't auto joined a team in a while, I guess you start to think maybe its broke. You're probably right, it still works, its just a rare occurrence. This might have to do with difficultly tuning, as a reason why people turn it off. I know I have been kicked out of a team a few times, and never could figure out why, probably because of the difficulty balance.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 08:30 AM
I haven't been autoteamed in a few days now and I just hit Commander yesterday. I was wondering if I may have turned it off without knowing it. So it might not have to do with the area but something in the game.