Lt. Commander
# 31
02-09-2010, 04:42 AM
I like the space combat and character customization. I especially like customizing my Bridge Officers.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
I like the space combat and character customization. I especially like customizing my Bridge Officers.
I do wish however the Klingon and the races of that faction had more clothing choices, and more character customization. Very limited in the clothes we have to pick from, Gorn, Klingons, Lethean, Orion all look the same, excpet for the heads, and even that has little choice options. You got dreads and dreads to pick from, lol. This isn't really a complaint as it is a grumble, wishing it was better.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivewasp View Post
But it's a bit late to hope for a complete redesign of the game.
Someone should pass that little tidbit of knowledge to the folks at Sonly Online Entertainment. They destroyed Star Wars Galaxies while it was already going. No matter how bad a launch for a game is or how bad a game is at certain times, all you have to do is look back to the example of SOE and SWG The New Experience (or whatever it was called).

As far as liking this game...

I love the space combat. I love just being able to play in the Star Trek universe. Haven't met any memorable or incredibly friendly people yet, but I'm sure that'll change in time
Lt. Commander
# 34 What I like?
02-10-2010, 12:08 AM
I like the Space /Ground element. That there are "away" missions. It's clear to see if they put some meat into the story arcs they have that you would really get sucked in. I like the "Star Trek" ambiance and that it feels like you are "in" the movie or TV show.I like the role playing elements built in like the captains log supplemental and hope to see a lot more of that.

I had a blast in some of the fleet actions and beaming down to planets and stations .A couple of missions sent chills down my spine (Guardian on the edge of Forever!) I like that I can play it casually OR hard core. It really scales to my pace. I also like that so much is in the beginning and that this is the beginning with the majority yet to come.

Hang on to your seats!
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-10-2010, 12:14 AM
I like the game a lot, the space combat is an eye candy, i hear a lot of people complaining about lag, i haven't noticed any lag, perhaps those people should switch to dsl or cable instead of the old 56k modem... or contact their internet provider because they get screwed. Another option is to check their system if it is up to date (come on trolls use the comment but i can run crysis with all details just great) this is not a single player fps, the game needs to take into account the movement and action all around it, so yes it needs a powerfull system to show it in al its glory.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-10-2010, 12:53 AM
i think the pew pew is fun im not overly concerned with canon or what miniscule detail is wrong or not "the way feds would do it " .

also i like seeing forum posts by people who have cancelled and yet still comming back to the forum to post about a game they already gave up on .
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-10-2010, 04:07 AM
Awesome game so far. The last weekend was rough but that is to be expected from a new MMO. This is a great Scifi mmo. I needed a good one since I left SWG years ago when it died from the NGE.

Currently I am working on collecting every ship.
Lt. Commander
# 38 Loving it!
02-10-2010, 04:17 AM
I'm actually loving the game and find myself once again being excited about getting home after work and playing, after a few years of looking for an mmo to hold my attention for more than a week. I have been so bored with the usual grind.
I can think of plenty of things to change, or things could could be tweeked a bit but over all I'm enjoying myself.

Thanks Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-10-2010, 04:20 AM
Its refreshing, I play with a core group of people and we have moved from mmo to mmo, most of us started on muds and m59

Over the year we got jaded hated wow, found most mmo's to be to grind orientated, we also play l4d2/borderlands together on skype

STO is fun, we roleplay we can go on ground missions or space we can pve or pvp and there is also alot of depths and nods to the trekie in me
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-10-2010, 04:51 AM
I love the game. I think that most of the episodic content is presented very well and I cannot wait to see what else Cryptic has in store for us. it helps to have an excellent fleet to hang with as well.