Lt. Commander
# 41
02-10-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumarus
I'm actually loving the game and find myself once again being excited about getting home after work and playing, after a few years of looking for an mmo to hold my attention for more than a week. I have been so bored with the usual grind.
I can think of plenty of things to change, or things could could be tweeked a bit but over all I'm enjoying myself.

Thanks Cryptic
This is exactly how I feel as well.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-10-2010, 04:55 AM
I like the potential of this game... If cryptic does this game right it was be one of the best... But for now its just a mission grind and I'm going to stick around to see what happens.. If nothing then ill cancel and come back in a few months.. etc..
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-10-2010, 06:28 AM
I loved this game at start but after first rank i got really bored and that was about what i found out.
I feel like i did in so many other mmo, it's like a grindfest with quest involved, do this do this again and you
will get more xp and doit again etc.

Just doing the quests and get back to same area that you have been 10 times before.
I just felt that it was enough for me, it's like City of H/V and champions with almost auto generated quests
that never ends.

Ground mission was fine until i also found out that it was quit boring to, almost same environment
everywhere you have same type of quests, not same but almost same with what i think brainless NPC's
I didn't even fail or died once in any ground mission. until my lvl 16 died because boring game.
So that was my experience of a MMo that i been told will be really good.

I think if a game feels boring after 25% of max lvl they have missed something.
And what i can ask myself is, if i pain myself trough all lvls and then what.
Epic game raids in same galaxies over and over again?

IMO, this mmo had a good start but will never survive 6 - 8 month from release with same major
amount of ppl.
We have seen games that has SO much more potential then this and they have not even
survive 6 month.

I will moving on in the jungle of mmo trying to find somewhat a more impressive game than this.
And i also salute Cryptic dev's for doing a mmo that feels like a arcade game..

Bye bye.
EOS
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-10-2010, 06:30 AM
The ship combat, while simple, IS fun. If there was solid content for it support, this game would be bonkers. As it is, the content is ho-hum.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkara View Post
Unrealistic expectations?

Sorry, hardly. The thing is that there has been an MMO that met all my expectations, and is still unsurpassed in the MMO industry. It was called Ultima Online. A real, persitant world, with real houses built in there, and a full player-driven crafting systeam. A sandbox. With no levels and no classes. Where not having any combat skills whatsoever WAS a valid option.
/agree VIVA NAPPA VALLY!
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-10-2010, 08:19 AM
I grabbed a lifetime sub because, even if nothing else gets improved, ship combat is fun. When I come home from work (well, the office,) I don't want to have to grind to make up for losses - I want to jump in and do something fun, like blow people up.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Love the game plays on space and the overall trekkie experience. However lots can be added in a nearby future to make it better and better.