Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,396
# 11
05-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Well, I tried, using the quick "change outfit" selector ... When my toon is wearing the Retro Metallic skirt and I click to activate the EV suit, her legs disappear, but her upper body retains the dress and dual shoulder pads, but with the EV suit helmet. o.0

If she is wearing the Omega Armor, or one of the 'generic' tailor created armors, it works fine activating the EV suit.

I'll try again without the shoulder pads ... But it's either those or the skirt causing the issue.
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,111
# 12
05-13-2014, 12:04 PM
I fixed the issue with the Solanae EV suit on my KDF toon simply by purchasing one of those Tholian "mystery equipment" boxes for 23k ECs. On my 1st attempt I received an EV suit.

I put it on and noticed no graphics glitches. Best 23k EC I have ever spent. I shoved my Solanae EV suit out the airlock.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 866
# 13
05-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
Well, I tried, using the quick "change outfit" selector ... When my toon is wearing the Retro Metallic skirt and I click to activate the EV suit, her legs disappear, but her upper body retains the dress and dual shoulder pads, but with the EV suit helmet. o.0

If she is wearing the Omega Armor, or one of the 'generic' tailor created armors, it works fine activating the EV suit.

I'll try again without the shoulder pads ... But it's either those or the skirt causing the issue.
Well I dont have the skirt so
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,396
# 14
05-14-2014, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
I fixed the issue with the Solanae EV suit on my KDF toon simply by purchasing one of those Tholian "mystery equipment" boxes for 23k ECs. On my 1st attempt I received an EV suit.

I put it on and noticed no graphics glitches. Best 23k EC I have ever spent. I shoved my Solanae EV suit out the airlock.
Firstly, why would you bother paying EC for an EV suit? You get numerous free Purple ones from the Nukara Rep boxes ... Then too, when you do the mission to take back DS9, you get another free EV suit, that's actually pretty decent for a "white" ...

The thing is though, is that the Solanae Sentinel or Paladin EV suits, are actually pretty good "armours" as well as EV suits, probably better or if not the best all round EV/Armour suit currently in game ...
Please ... Make it so ...!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 190
# 15
05-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Got hit with this on my Klingon tac the other day, she has two of the Solanea EV suits, the Stalker suit works fine as she has been using it on Nukara since 8.5, the Marksman suit she got the other day only shows the helmet, boots and light, her torso shows her regular uniform and her legs are missing.

Now after a bit of experimenting at the tailor it looks like the KDF spine armor is what's causing my problem, remove it and the suit works fine, add it and the suit stops working, which is a major pain as that's part of her look in two of her outfits.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,111
# 16
05-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
Firstly, why would you bother paying EC for an EV suit? You get numerous free Purple ones from the Nukara Rep boxes ... Then too, when you do the mission to take back DS9, you get another free EV suit, that's actually pretty decent for a "white" ...

The thing is though, is that the Solanae Sentinel or Paladin EV suits, are actually pretty good "armours" as well as EV suits, probably better or if not the best all round EV/Armour suit currently in game ...
'Cuz I have not really progressed that far yet into the main story missions. KDF toon only finished the Wasteland story arc not that long ago.

I don't are if the Solanae EV Suit are "good armours". If half of my toon transparent, then why bother playing the game at all? It's not like the graphic glitch gives me any real tactical or strategic advantage. It is only an eyesore.

Like I said, best 23k ECs I have ever spent.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 866
# 17
05-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Bendalek you never said if removing the dual shoulder pads fixed it for ya?

@bejaymac ok now thats odd my male "alien" in the KDF has spine armor but his lobi EVA suit worked fine last I checked.. Ill check him again now and see if thats borked up too now
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 866
# 18
05-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachikuno View Post
@bejaymac ok now thats odd my male "alien" in the KDF has spine armor but his lobi EVA suit worked fine last I checked.. Ill check him again now and see if thats borked up too now
Ok checked that last night his spine armor doesnt stop his Dyson EVA suit(lobi version) but 1)its a male char and female chars seem to be getting this issue more it seems? and 2)He isnt wearing typical Klingon uniform with the spine armor so maybe its a combination?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,396
# 19
05-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Sorry guys, I've been a bit unwell ...

I have now confirmed (at least for me) that the Shoulder Pads are indeed the cause of the issue ... More precisely it seems to be Shoulder Pads with "Draperies"

First image is with the Vice Admiral Upper Half Shoulder Pads on (twin draperies) -> Switching to the EV suit causes the invisibility bug. Remove the Shoulder Pads entirely and it works fine.
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2d9ab78b.jpg

To test though I also added first the 'Commander" variant of the Shoulder Pads (no draperies) and again the EV suit visuals worked fine ... However adding the "Captain" Shoulder Pads (1 'Drapery on the right shoulder) and the invisibility bug returns)
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...ps02e27ad7.jpg

...

Hopefully someone from Cryptic is still reading this thread and can look at this and see if a cause/solution is workable.
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 866
# 20
05-26-2014, 04:51 PM
*bump* Not letting this go quietly into the archives. Esp when we've finally found some answers that could give the dev's direction to fix this bs.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 PM.