Lt. Commander
Is there a way to beam down my bridge officers when I'm at Earth, Memory Alpha, DS9, etc.? I'm curious to see other player's bridge officer customizations and would like to show off mine as well. Was just wondering if there was a way? Perhaps a zone? A place where they can mingle with one another instead of always being confined to the bridge until an away mission comes along....? Curious.

Thanx!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Afaik it's not possible, but send me a tell in-game and I'd love to invite you over my bridge to show off my crew. :p

I'm proud of what I accomplished with their looks and I'm also very curious to see other people's BOs. I've visited half a dozen bridges from friends so far and it's been a fun experience. ^_^

I'll be online tonight again (living in the CET zone).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Any missions you can replay (like that diplomatic one) in which you can show off bridge officers in a peaceful setting?

But yes, I'd totally like to be able to bring my bridge officers with me places.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 03:19 AM
While I understand what you want to do, you must see how its woefully inpractical:

if each person can have 4 bridge officers with them, the space stations would never load, the requirements of the GPU and CPU will skyrocket and constantly be loading something, in a station like Sol (that sees a lot of traffic already) this would be unplayable

The solution to your problem is to invite your friends to your bridge to see your bridge officers, I believe that is one of the few purposes of the bridge afterall.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob593 View Post
While I understand what you want to do, you must see how its woefully inpractical:

if each person can have 4 bridge officers with them, the space stations would never load, the requirements of the GPU and CPU will skyrocket and constantly be loading something, in a station like Sol (that sees a lot of traffic already) this would be unplayable

The solution to your problem is to invite your friends to your bridge to see your bridge officers, I believe that is one of the few purposes of the bridge afterall.
Aye it is. I gave it some thought as well about how cool it would be to have my team with my on earth space dock, followed by the horrible thought of how crowded it would be when everybody did so.

Bridges are the perfect solution though!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I think inviting people to your bridge is the only easy way right now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 09:00 AM
My bridge officers look great, but that still doesn't negate the fact that the way they path on ground maps makes me believe they took the short bus to the academy. Until the AI improves I'm keeping them locked in the closet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of some kind of club area or something where capacity wouldn't be an issue, like (I hate to use a WoW example) a dungeon or raid zone where only a limited number a players and their BOs could be at one time. Its not like everyone would be inside all at once, but folks could group, go in, exchange visual ideas then get back to exploring. Something for Cryptic to think about in the months ahead. Right now, I whole-heartedly agree that the focus should be on server capacity for players to eliminate the MASSIVE lag during peak hours.

*The zone I was thinking of would be similar to a WoW dungeon/ raid area where 5 players and up to 4 of their BOs could all be inside at once and they could mingle - NOT an instance zone for rewards (if that were the case then, yes, they would all be full all the time with folks trying to get the rewards.)

Thanx for the feedback.