Lt. Commander
# 21
02-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by konfitura View Post
Why i cannot play without setting up subscription?
I DON T WANT TO SET UP ANY SUBSCRIPTION YOU MAGGOTS!

i got my 30 free days I VE ALLREDY PAID FOR
so let me use them, m'kay?

I DONT WANT PAYPAL AC**** AND FORGET ABOUT MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER

let me activate my account

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
welcome to your first mmo
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Aside from the childish OP behave, I can understand him/her.
IE: You want to test the game for 30 days and you have not the age to have a credit card. You open your "swear savings jar" up and go to the closest store. Buy the game and .... sheeez... it requires a CC to activate!
It's quit frustrating for those kids.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Why i cannot play without setting up subscription?
I DON T WANT TO SET UP ANY SUBSCRIPTION YOU MAGGOTS!

i got my 30 free days I VE ALLREDY PAID FOR
so let me use them, m'kay?

I DONT WANT PAYPAL AC**** AND FORGET ABOUT MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER

let me activate my account

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
hmmmm.... interesting.. Maybe you should pop to your games store and buy a gamecard then?? :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Chenny
Didn't work for me - Had to set up a regular payment to be able to play once the grace period ended.
Subscriptions
Game Card ACTIVE
Play Time Until: Mar 3 2010
Game Card
Change this subscription

Game Card? I dont have a game card...
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Chenny
Didn't work for me - Had to set up a regular payment to be able to play once the grace period ended.
You can cancel it after you set it up.... no problems..

I do kind of see the point about having to actually make a subscription to get your free 30 days.. But its no bother really to make one and then cancel... then if u like it after 30 days you can buy a gamecard if you dont want to sub... Or you can resub with the same, or diffrent card... or you can use paypal which you can link to your bank account..
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-09-2010, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezath
You can cancel it after you set it up.... no problems..

I do kind of see the point about having to actually make a subscription to get your free 30 days.. But its no bother really to make one and then cancel... then if u like it after 30 days you can buy a gamecard if you dont want to sub... Or you can resub with the same, or diffrent card... or you can use paypal which you can link to your bank account..
I know, it doesn't bother me really - Just thought it was a bit cheeky, as apparently I have a 30 day game card 'beamed into the box' but it didn't accept it and forced me to set up a sub. Even for those of us with our own credit cards and/or paypal accounts, I can understand people's frustrations...

... Just perhaps not the method of venting them like the OP adopted.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Wow doesn't require ANY FORM of credit card liek subscription to use 30 free days.
They are game cards. To buy in the shops. To actually play the game.

I make for living working in company that makes sql server based sites. And i am responsible for customer suppor and implementation. So yes, im getting very angry when i see such an IDIOTIC idea.

I have 30 free days, DO NOT FORCE me to get subscription. Hello, basics of marketing art!

And when i see such a cheap play i memories from Warhammer comes back.
They had similar WEAK support and they dont make money on the game.

And yes WoW Haters, blizzard is BEST in community management, customer service etc. Learn from THEM.

They cane ven handle 13 years old, or even ppl like you that see 13 years old everywhere in the itnernet.

What absolut bull ****. My son got WoW for Christmas and you either had to buy a 30 day game care (i.e. pay for 30 days) or give credit card info to play. Now he gets 30 days free but he still had to give that info to be able to play.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivewasp View Post
If a credit card is needed to create an account; it's also a way to prevent banned people from creating a new account using the same credit card... like would be the case for those chinese gold farmers

Gamecards are a boon for them... they can make anonymous disposable accounts for the price of a card.
Its also used kinda to verify age, if your old enough to have a credit card your old enough to play the game, or if you have your parents CC then you have permission to play the game. also WoW did require my CC the first month to activate the account and EvE needed it to activate the account the first time since it requires a money amount to activate/create it the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-09-2010, 04:07 AM
It never ceased to amaze me the rage I see on forums like these. It's either the same people doing it over and over again as they migrate from game to game spreading their joy /snicker, or we just have alot of really unpleasant folks here in this world these days.

I have not seen Cryptic ask anything of us in playing STO that other companies required me to play their games.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-09-2010, 04:14 AM
Buy a Visa gift card for like $25 at the local Quickimart.
Enter the number, then spend the money on something else. It's a Win Win because when Cryptic trys to charge the card there won't be money in the account.