Lt. Commander
# 1 Stupid Star Trek tricks thread
02-09-2010, 04:47 AM
I was bored and was wondering if anyone else besides me likes to do stupid star trek related tricks/stunts or Pranks

let me list a few to get started,

1: when done with a mission point your ship at the nearest planet and hit warp will screaming your favorite catch phrases like "Damn the Torpedos!! Full speed ahead" or :"KHAAAAAANNN" you get the point plus when you go to warp you get neat little sparklies that looks like your parts flew across a quarter of the planet.

2: while running hit your tricorder and jump off a cliff, if you do it right looks like you're river dancing in the air

3: wear your communicator that you got with the collectors edition and go to work. every time you talk to a co-worker tap it and say "beam me up scotty no intelligent life down here" do it so often that later all you have to do is look at a co-worker and tap the communicator to get the stink-eye
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaidin
I was bored and was wondering if anyone else besides me likes to do stupid star trek related tricks/stunts or Pranks

1: when done with a mission point your ship at the nearest planet and hit warp will screaming your favorite catch phrases like "Damn the Torpedos!! Full speed ahead" or :"KHAAAAAANNN" you get the point plus when you go to warp you get neat little sparklies that looks like your parts flew across a quarter of the planet.

2: while running hit your tricorder and jump off a cliff, if you do it right looks like you're river dancing in the air

3: wear your communicator that you got with the collectors edition and go to work. every time you talk to a co-worker tap it and say "beam me up scotty no intelligent life down here" do it so often that later all you have to do is look at a co-worker and tap the communicator to get the stink-eye

I wore my comm badge to work, and insisted every is to call me Lt Commander until my next promotion. I refused to respond to anything but Lt Commander. My boss actually thought it was pretty funny...
every one else further awknowledged i'm a lost cause lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 06:43 AM
I quite frequently use Star Trek technobabble during space battle. Lots of "Fire torpedoes!" and "Evasive Maneuvers!" As I'm flying through maps, I say, "Warp factor 'x-number'" as I increase speed. And I ALWAYS say "Engage" upon game start-up.

:|
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarzGurl View Post
I quite frequently use Star Trek technobabble during space battle. Lots of "Fire torpedoes!" and "Evasive Maneuvers!" As I'm flying through maps, I say, "Warp factor 'x-number'" as I increase speed. And I ALWAYS say "Engage" upon game start-up.

:|
This amuses me...

Now i feel like less of a geek1
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 07:17 AM
I wore my CE badge as a tie clip to work.

Someone saw it, called me a "Star Wars Geek" and jokingly called me Luke Skywalker all day.

I hate normal people.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 07:26 AM
I like the commbadge at work/promotion thing. I may just do that tomorrow.

I tend to get very focused when I am in combat and have running mental dialogue with my crew, calling out orders, etc...

I started to say things out loud for fun and effect during closed beta, but my wife decided it made me weirder than I already am...so I stopped for her sake. She'll be out of luck though when I start playing Klingons. Klingon is just so much fun to speak aloud.

Every now and then my friends and I will slip into in character communications over vent when we're planning a mission.

@Coyote - Yes, normal people are scary.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Flirting with a friend using only Borg tech-talk-bable =]
Borg are very seshual beings, "assimilate", "probing", "injecting nanites" and the list goes on and on =]
(btw all at work and everyone could hear but poor sods didn't get a thing)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I also have mental dialogs with my bridge staff during play.

I view the character and crew as MU in origin. So now all the combat makes much more sense. But the dialog will go something like this:

Midori: Mr. Strom, Bring their shields down before I rip your *$&@ pointed ears off your Vulcan head!
Strom: Yes Lt Cmdr! Enemie Shields are Down.

Midori: Mr. Corspa, Ram torpedoes up their exhaust and let loose a few more mines!
Corspa: But Lt. Cmdr, Starships don't HAVE an exhaust perse. . .
Midori: *Standing and walking toward her* You don't REALLY need two antennae do you?
Corspa: Ramming into their exhaust sir!

You get the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimitiere View Post
I also have mental dialogs with my bridge staff during play.

I view the character and crew as MU in origin. So now all the combat makes much more sense. But the dialog will go something like this:

Midori: Mr. Strom, Bring their shields down before I rip your *$&@ pointed ears off your Vulcan head!
Strom: Yes Lt Cmdr! Enemie Shields are Down.

Midori: Mr. Corspa, Ram torpedoes up their exhaust and let loose a few more mines!
Corspa: But Lt. Cmdr, Starships don't HAVE an exhaust perse. . .
Midori: *Standing and walking toward her* You don't REALLY need two antennae do you?
Corspa: Ramming into their exhaust sir!

You get the idea.
My mental dialogue from a game two days ago:

CDR Sharky: Ensign, give me manual control!
ENS: Yes, sir!
Manual Control: *appears*
CDR Sharky: Err...this is a six-button fighting game arcade controller >_<
ENS: That's the only manual control we've got sir!
CDR Sharky: *sigh* very well...anyone have a quarter? It says "insert coin"...
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaidin

I do actually.

If I get really bored waiting for a PVP match to open up I'll go look for Klingon ships in sector space. When I approach in my assault cruisers I yell out something along the lines of "KLINNNNGOOOOOONSSSS SUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!"

I usually add in a spicy comment about how their cloaks will not spare them my verbal taunts. It's fun, you should try it.