Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2010, 07:30 AM
When you get your cruiser from the requisition lady, equip it by right-clicking on it in your inventory. Then head for the ship customization guy down the turbolift. You'll be able to select from three different cruisers, or mix and match. The movie-style constitution is one of the options you can choose.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Thank you.

I thought I must be missing something, I went to see the lady behind the desk in the shipyard, picked a cruiser, but didn't realise I had to equip it from my inventory. No wonder my ship looked exactly the same

My inventory got a bit bigger, the ship stats had improved and I had space for some extra bridge officers in the points allocation screen, but nowhere to put them on my ship.

So until I actually equip the new ship, I'm still in the old one?

Could really have done with more stuff like this in the manual, some of the stuff, this and the whole Memory Alpha thing isn't exactly obvious
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-09-2010, 07:41 AM
For me, I got the Gamestop Enterprise key, when I picked up my retail box.

Unfortunately, that was 4 days after the headstart began and I had already leveled past it, so it was basically useless.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Pre-Order from gamestop is the TOS ship it replaced the T1 ships.

The Lt Commander Consitution class is the one from the orginal movies though, and anyone can get that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantu
For me, I got the Gamestop Enterprise key, when I picked up my retail box.

Unfortunately, that was 4 days after the headstart began and I had already leveled past it, so it was basically useless.
Unless you're a masochist like me and continue to fly it at Lt. Cmdr 3 ^_^;
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey dont say the TOS Connie is useless. A captain with skill can use it easily. One of mine The U.S.S. Oscar took down a cube by its self. The ships and gameplay rely on skill not just ship level. Besides im not going to ever get rid of her. I loved the original enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm sad about this too because I was dumb

By the time I got my TOS Connie, I was Lt. 9 from headstart...

I hopped on my connie and the first thing I did was remove/sell the equipment on it and replace it with the better stuff I had on my Miranda

Then I found out about the blue phaser effect...

Then I found out about the phasers leveling with you...

Oh well, I'll get to make better use of my connie on an alternate character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Actually...it's only mostly useless.

The Fore and Aft phasers level with you.

Not sure about the rest of the gear...but it's not TOTALLY useless.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 01:22 AM
I was already a Lt. Commander before I got my TOS Constitution class ship. I still took her out for a spin thougha and did several tier 2 missions with her. It took longer to kill stuff but otherwise was doable. I think it's a beautiful ship

I love the Constitution refit though. OMG she is beautiful. I like to fly her around and just gawk at her.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2010, 02:27 AM
Finally managed to work out what I'd been doing wrong.

I'd claimed my new ship from the women in acquisitions, but I hadn't seen the guy downstairs to actually transfer to it, so the reason my new ship looked exactly the same as the original one, is because I was still in the original one

Now I'm the proud owner of a lovely Enterprise-like constitution refit, I'd still love to have the original version at some stage, but I'm more than happy with the refit, in fact I may never change it

You can keep all your Excelsiors etc... It'll always be the original Enterprise for me
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooner1 View Post
If I can't have the "proper" one, that'll do for me. I've just got to Lt Commander and gone for a cruiser, how do I get that one?

Being in the UK, the Gamestop pre-order wouldn't have been much good to me anyway.

It'd be nice to think some of these pre-order things would be made avaialbel in the Cryptic store at some stage (at a cost, obviously) as I'm sure most people only pre-ordered one copy of the game, but would maybe have liked some of the other bonuses
I live in the UK and cheated I ordered the DDE from Gamestop so I would have it.

Gadareth