Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg Designation
02-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Many, many, MANY liberated Borg Captains in game, myself included.

A bit of a roleplayer, my bio explains that I was being assimilated and rescued mid-process. So I was never fully Borg, but now I'm not fully human.

However...

With the popularity of 7 of 9, there are a lot of numerically named liberated Borg piloting vessels. This just seems HIGHLY unlikely to me, as Star Fleet wouldn't or shouldn't stand for it.

If you were "Tony Jones" when you got assimiliated, now that you are no longer 3 of 3 and half, (half being a midget Borg. It happens.), you should go back to your birth name. Star Fleet wouldn't encourage you to use what is essentially a prisioner of war ID, as it sets you apart, or worse, acknowledges that you are STILL Borg.

And while yes, several "babies" raised as Borg could join starfleet, never having "normal" names - it seems also unlikely that they'd make it through Star Fleet Academy, have an urge to join Star Fleet, period, or could adjust that well to life outside of the collective.

Or am I just off base?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 08:20 AM
I think I agree with you... every other name you see is 4 of 7 or some such number. Gets a bit old after a bit.
But its the players choice so we have to go along..
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Surprised I haven't seen "7 of 69" yet... or am I reading the wrong boards?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 08:26 AM
I am 16 of 3
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losbullitt View Post
I am 16 of 3
HA!

"When chubbies get assimilated"
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
HA!

"When chubbies get assimilated"
I WANT TWINKIES!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I saw during last week a character named 69 of 69... Just a FYI
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 08:38 AM
I've seen "Five"
I've seen "10101 of 01010" (kudos on thinking of binary, fail for not knowing binary)
My favorite was "Sven Ov'Nein"

Apparently alot of those numerical designation are actually generated by the random name generator for Borg players.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 08:39 AM
IVoVI <------------------ dunno what that means
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
Many, many, MANY liberated Borg Captains in game, myself included.

A bit of a roleplayer, my bio explains that I was being assimilated and rescued mid-process. So I was never fully Borg, but now I'm not fully human.

However...

With the popularity of 7 of 9, there are a lot of numerically named liberated Borg piloting vessels. This just seems HIGHLY unlikely to me, as Star Fleet wouldn't or shouldn't stand for it.

If you were "Tony Jones" when you got assimiliated, now that you are no longer 3 of 3 and half, (half being a midget Borg. It happens.), you should go back to your birth name. Star Fleet wouldn't encourage you to use what is essentially a prisioner of war ID, as it sets you apart, or worse, acknowledges that you are STILL Borg.

And while yes, several "babies" raised as Borg could join starfleet, never having "normal" names - it seems also unlikely that they'd make it through Star Fleet Academy, have an urge to join Star Fleet, period, or could adjust that well to life outside of the collective.

Or am I just off base?
I used a back story where my toon was assimilated young from a "sleeper ship" no memory and no record remains of her origional name. however, she has no "number name" either, she took a name based off some "alien language" where the aliens were calling her something meant to be derogatory though it translated to mean "drone" or the like. she took it as a name out of spite basicly.