Lt. Commander
# 1 A great game in the making
02-09-2010, 07:14 AM
I have been reading through a lot of the comments on the forums and there are lots of complaints about how the flaws in the game and how people are leaving because of the server queues and such and no end game content.

Granted there are some issues with the game but to be honest I am really enjoying this game. Its very early for this game and most MMORPGs take a few months to get going, most have had their ups and downs.

Some people have said the game should not have been released because of some of the errors, well if that was the case most games would never see the light of day. A lot of the times the only way to see these errors is with a large audience stressing the hell out of the servers and sometimes not even beta test numbers are not enough to see that.

I think this game will be one of those diamond in the rough type games that will shine if we all give it a chance.

Congrats to the developers for making a game to be proud of!!

I am in for the long haul and hope to see you all out there in the final frontier :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 07:20 AM
I enjoy it as well and look forward to its growth in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 07:34 AM
This game has potential to become the new benchmark in MMOs after a few months of us helping the devs hammer the last few minor bugs out of it and tweek it to our tastes. I am excited to be a part of this and I look forward to the future this game surely has.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 07:40 AM
I think Cryptic should assemble the content team and have a ST marathon some weekend, and try to be inspired on how to make content that conveys the feeling of Star Trek. The slaughter and genocide of other races of course is unavoidable since it's a level based MMO, but I think with some out of the box thinking, they could come up with some truly ST feel content.

What we have now is a base foundation, I look forward to more involved content in time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu.Chan.
This game has potential to become the new benchmark in MMOs after a few months of us helping the devs hammer the last few minor bugs out of it and tweek it to our tastes. I am excited to be a part of this and I look forward to the future this game surely has.
Hmm...i doubt it will "only" take months to achieve such level. Atleast the english part of the game is fully here...Try the german one and see what's missing and offical release was 5th in europe. There are more holes here then a few bugs and lack of contend here that will have to be adressed.

It can become a great MMO but it will take much time until it has a chance of reaching such a level.
45 days from release till the first addon. I hope we will get some updates ahead of this timeline.

But i'm holding my hope and try to take a neutral stand in all this.

Let's see and wait how it develops
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackeyon View Post

Some people have said the game should not have been released because of some of the errors, well if that was the case most games would never see the light of day.
I see that as a huge positive !